HobbyCity/HobbyKing Delivery Times?

News related to anything RC
schooner2000

HobbyCity/HobbyKing Delivery Times?

Unread post by schooner2000 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:17 am

How long typically are delivery times to NS from HobbyCity/HobbyKing when using International Air Mail?

Any tipis on ordering from these guys in general, any issue, etc?

astroflyer

Re: HobbyCity/HobbyKing Delivery Times?

Unread post by astroflyer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:24 am

no issues for me ordering from them. none whatsoever.

delivery time for the higher costing service is about five working days.

the regular airmail is about six days.

that has been consistent for me. however, if you pay the higher shipping they generally have the order out the next day. the regular air mail may see a week or so before they ship. once shipped, six days. most of that in canada customs.

schooner2000

Unread post by schooner2000 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Great thanks the the info on this.

Madwood

Unread post by Madwood » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 pm

I have found that using the cheapest method of shipment I've typically recieved my items in no more than 7 Days from the day I place the order to my doorstep.
Michael Wood, HEFA Pilot

karlpenney

Unread post by karlpenney » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Really? Quite often it takes several days for the stuff just to leave their warehouse. What is your secret?

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:13 pm

It's just that Karl ....a secret!
If he told you....would not be..a secret!

(Slow day here) maybe I can add something worthy..

I have heard complaints over HK's shipping costs so went online to check. I put in a battery order for $50 to $60 and discovered that shipping would be around $20 I believe...so came away with the idea that the order better be much higher to warrant the shipping cost.

I have placed orders with other suppliers, such as http://www.aircraft-world.com/ and found the shipping costs better but that may have to do with gov't subsidises.

HK do say NOT to order items that are out of stock since that holds up the entire order because they will not split ship an order.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Well, you got me to buy a few packs...I went to http://www.aircraft-world.com and checked their clearance section and picked up two 2S 700mah packs for indoor and two 2S 2000mah packs for outdoors (maybe indoor on a heli)..all 30/50C packs..total of $54. + $6.60 shipping. Let you know when they arrive.
(For outdoor, I run 4S..so I just join the two 2S packs together)

Bill

LATER EDIT...arrived from Japan on March 17th ..9 days..no charges.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

lawndart

Unread post by lawndart » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:30 pm

In my experience with HK's regular air shipping it can take upwards of three weeks. I had no idea others were getting their stuff so quick! With that said I have no troubles with HK.

Dave
------d-a-v-e---------------- >}-

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:07 pm

My experience has been like Al stated. If I ship via registered mail it usually takes up to a week for the order to process and then another week or two for it to arrive. If I order via EMS usually they ship within two days and it can take as little as three more days to arrive on my doorstep. I have ordered on Monday and received by Friday! Compare to anything ordered from the U.S. and go figure!

However my most recent order seems to be delayed. Probably that is due to a backlog from Chinese New Year.

BTW make sure you register as a customer and you will be gold then platinum in no time and get significant additional savings...

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:43 pm

I agree with Al and Rick. I have ordered from HK about 40 times. Only once did I receive an order that was missing an item (a $20.00 item). As Bill has eluded to, don't use HK to order "one" item. I usually order 3 to 5 batteries at a time, depending on the size/weight. Sometime, it only cost a "few" dollars more to use the faster shipping method... it just depends on how much the order weighs.

Also, their batteries, in my opinion, are excellent. That being said, I don't give my batteries the "workout" that some folks in the club do. ;)
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python