E-flite Beaver 25e

Discussions related to sport models.
Enforcer

E-flite Beaver 25e

Unread post by Enforcer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:31 pm

Just one more. :D

It has been ordered with a Power 32 and the Cockpit Kit.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Defau ... ID=EFL4525

RCGroups review...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=910807

I ordered two Rhino 3700 4cell 25-37C batts for it and six HG-250MG Digital servos. These servos are as close to the suggested JR Sport MN48 servos, in size and specs, as I could find. I went with the Power 32 since it is the same price as the Power 25, but will allow me to add floats... and do some really STOL takeoffs!!! The flaps WILL be working and so there will be lots of STOL landings as well. Stay tuned for further updates!
Last edited by Enforcer on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

yorcram

Re: E-flite Beaver 25e

Unread post by yorcram » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:19 am

That is a nice plane, I saw it in Milford a few summers ago and it was 'done up' and had floats. Good Canadian bush plane.
Plane Crazey :D

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:26 am

Yes, that one was rob's. nice airplane and he's flown it a lot from water. still has it.

I flew another one last summer for another club member. This one was converted to a .56 saito....GRRRRRRR!

It had been crashed and repaired before I saw it and was now very heavy. It was still pretty well behaved and I gave the flaps quite a workout on numerous takeoffs and landings. They were very effective on a heavy airplane.

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:09 pm

It has arrived, as did the motor, batteries, servos, and cockpit kit. Jack and I are heading to Blockhouse tomorrow to pick it up... it's SO BIG, I need help putting it in the car! :lol:

Man I am going to be busy this winter... I'll be an expert builder come Spring time!!!! :lol:
Last edited by Enforcer on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murray Wheten

Monty Python

Madwood

Unread post by Madwood » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:47 am

Murry

you keep picking the planes ive been looking at...i think the power 32 is the way to go a little extra power for floats cant hurt. From what i've read it should be an excellant plane.
Michael Wood, HEFA Pilot

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:39 pm

Mike... who's this M u r r y (no "a") guy you keep referring to? Sorry, but my name is all I have Mice... I mean Mike! :D

Mike... you mentioned "floats"... let me tell you a story about floats... it involves Errol (from RCWings - Blockhouse!) Well, I can't say for certain, but I am "pretty" sure Errol has me pegged! Now, Errol knows that every time I go there to pick something up, that I've ordered in, I ALWAYS do a final "walk-a-bout" in the store. Guess what that "crafty" Errol had on the shelve for me to "find"???? :lol: You guessed it... 25 size, E-Flite floats. :shock:

Now, I'm joking about Errol setting me up this way... but, sometimes, I do wonder!!!! :lol:

Anyway, I have everything that they sell for the Beaver. I can't wait to have it on display for the upcoming model show (this Spring) at Sherwater. Right next to some of the models that, I hope, you guys will bring.
Murray Wheten

Monty Python

Madwood

Unread post by Madwood » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:12 pm

but there's nothing left for us to bring....
Michael Wood, HEFA Pilot

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:28 pm

:lol:
Murray Wheten

Monty Python

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:45 am

I captured the maiden flight of Murray's Beaver last Sunday.

The video is posted here.. http://www.vimeo.com/10367337

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Progress on the "repairs" are coming along nicely, after last weekend's crash. A word to the wise... just because you made 5 "great" touch & goes in the morning (ask Steve) with your Beaver, does not guarantee you will be as successful in the afternoon. Don't get cocky! :lol:

I will include some pics later this evening... when my camera is charged up! The last major step is to make a new firewall and mount the motor. The old mount is there to use as a guide. After that, I will start replacing the covering where needed. I don't have the correct "red" and I don't have any "gold" covering, but I am not too concerned about that right now. I may order a new cowl later on... the original is still in "fair" condition.

BTW.... STEVE! Where are those "on the field - after the fact" photos. Hurry up... um waiting!!!! :roll: :shock: :oops:

Murray
Murray Wheten

Monty Python