Weekend - July 25/26, 2020

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Weekend - July 25/26, 2020

Unread post by bdg » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Well... another great morning with a great turn-out. Winds were light and the weather was getting hot as people were packing up near noon.

Training flights have been somewhat reinstated just today. We actually had 3.5 training flights (0.5 because one of the batteries was depleting quickly and because the prop adapter was in need of replacement) between Tim and Aiden. Happy to welcome both to SP. Tim also was flying with his Mavic Mini and joins us from the SW club. Aiden was at SP with his father Chris. Some (hopefully) quick repairs on the Apprentice and it should be ready to go again.

Noticing some depleted stock at MSC. If you are thinking of a new plane or similar - then I would recommend acting sooner rather than later!

Tomorrow is also looking great.... hello summer!!!

Brian

JohnOSullivan

Re: Weekend - July 25/26, 2020

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:12 pm

Excellent conditions and excellent flying with a wide variety of models.
I had the chance to bring out a couple of long neglected models, my OMEI and Hyper 2.3m in addition to my mayflies.

Chris Dean, Kevin Baker and others are heading for the Slope at Lawrencetown at 3pm with absolutely perfect conditions of 15 kph Southwest winds. If you have not experienced the thrill of slope soaring, bring a model or at least come and experience of prolonged flight without a power system.
Unfortunately a pre-arranged barbecue prevents me from attending.
Attachments
P1110630r.JPG
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

DoverSail

Re: Weekend - July 25/26, 2020

Unread post by DoverSail » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:57 am

Looks like some pretty nice sailplanes there John.
I had to travel unexpectedly to Ontario some weeks ago, and am now therefore in mandatory two-week quarantine, which ends next Thursday. I hope to get out again once I am able! It is torture to watch all these fine-weather days with great thermals and to be unable to leave my house!