Weekend - September 14/15, 2019

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Weekend - September 14/15, 2019

Unread post by bdg » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Another fantastic day at SP today.
  • A warm welcome to new member Mark... who was at the field a few weeks ago with his daughter and joined up today.
  • Nice to see Andrew C rejoin after being so busy with family. That Commander will fly again... strong winds and a weak wing joint....
  • Nice to see Murray at the field again... again after being away much of the summer.
We were counting pilots today to make sure that we were not exceeding our 5-plane maximum. That emphasizes the importance of communication at the flight line. Be sure to be heard by those on the flight line. This is especially challenging for those at the extreme ends of the flight line who need their voices to carry to others. Case in point... Bruce and I had a small contact when landing... I thought that Bob was flying the Timber and identified to him my intentions... little did I know that Bruce was also landing. A displaced rudder that can be repaired but also easily avoided with good communication.

Tomorrow is looking gusty... we'll see how it works out for flying.

Brian

bdg

Re: Weekend - September 14/15, 2019

Unread post by bdg » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Oh... and I forgot to mention that we were able to get Doug - brother of Paul - up for an introductory flight. Everything was very smooth when in "beginner" mode and he was really getting the hang of the sticks in "intermediate" mode too. Well done!

Brian