Trade a plane

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
Buck

Trade a plane

Unread post by Buck » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi Guys
Just registered tonight and looking to join the electric flyers. Did a bit of rc flying back in the 80's n 90's but gave it up for the 4 wheelin rage.
I purchased a RV 8, 3 years ago and it sat on the shelf until lately. Its a arf 61 " and will weigh in at about 7 lbs. It is nearly ready to go with servos installed, e-flight 4s14v 4000mha battery, e-flight 46 brushless engine, rx battery eliminator and a few other du dads that are required to keep this thing airborne. Did a bit of research and came to the conclusion that this is not the airplane for a 70 yr old with slow reaction times and I just want something a bit slower and set my sights on Sport Cub Parkzone S2 with 51 " wingspan. ANYONE OUT THERE WANT TO MAKE A EVEN TRADE

Buck
:?:

JohnF

Re: Trade a plane

Unread post by JohnF » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 am

Hi Buck, welcome to the HEFA forum.
I am speaking for myself about your concerns of age and hand eye coordination. I am in the 70+ age group.It took me several frustrating years and two really great instructors from both HEFA and Shearwater flyers before I finally got it.
I think what you should do is bring your plane and gear to Shannon Park on a weekend that isn’t very windy. Early morning works good there.
There are two really great flying instructors there that would buddy box fly with you on your plane.
See you at the field when the weather is good.
John

AndrewS

Unread post by AndrewS » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:58 am

Good idea John.

Buck, You are more than welcome to drop by and visit us at Shannon Park. We can definitely get you up on the Association's Apprentice trainer... If the weather ever improves... :)

However, based on the description,your RV8 is too heavy to fly at Shannon. We have a max flying weight of 6lbs.

Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

Buck

Unread post by Buck » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi Guy's
I 'm looking to either trade or sell this bird before I start any training. Do you guys know of anybody or club that would be interested in a 7 pounder ?
Thanks in advance
Buck
:?:

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Buck, we have a Classified forum on this site if you want to list it for sale or trade.
This model could be flown at the Shearwater site locally.

What manufacturer produced this particular RV8..?
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Buck,

First of all - welcome to the HEFA community!

A photo and link to the manufacturer's website would really help to spread the word. Adding a photo is as easy as clicking on the "upload attachment" tab just below this window, and then selecting the file to upload. I believe that there are some size restrictions so certainly be aware of that criteria - the form will let you know if it is too large. I find that keeping the photo below 1500 pixels or so works well.

Per Bill's note, Shearwater's website is located at http://shearwaterflyers.proboards.com/ and HEFA/Shearwater complement each other very well.

Hopefully the weather will turn soon and we'll be back at Shannon Park for some fun!

All the best,

Brian

Buck

Unread post by Buck » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:48 pm

retiredVTT wrote:Buck, we have a Classified forum on this site if you want to list it for sale or trade.
This model could be flown at the Shearwater site locally.

What manufacturer produced this particular RV8..?
Bill,
I'm not sure if this is where to reply however this is a Hanger 9 kit from Horizon Hobby and it is a very well built and i'll get a picture posted a bit later.
Buck

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:45 pm

That's a great arf Buck; I had bought two of them some years back (from ebay) and sold one locally two years ago and sold the other to a US flyer last September who was desperate to get one after crashing his original. He paid me an additional $143.00 Canadian for shipping to Boston...that was shocking. (its a B-I-G box..)

Someone should be willing to trade you for a nice fully equipped Apprentice and maybe add some dollars towards 3S lipos for it. Actually I just did a search on the 51" Parkzone Cub that you mentioned and I see it comes with AS3X and in some ways it might be the better plane for you, since it does not have the front nose wheel that sometimes can present problems on a grass field.

If you do put together an ad for our Classified section, I could help you get the ad posted over to the Shearwater Club and also the Avon Club in Windsor. It would get additional attention from members of these Clubs which do not have the 6 pound weight limit factor that we have at Shannon.

Meanwhile I'll add a picture here of the Hangar 9 RV8 so everyone knows what model it is.
Attachments
Om33699.jpg
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Bill - looks like we were both searching for information at the same time....

https://www.horizonhobby.com/rv-8-46-arf-han4840

What is required in order for flight? Are all servos in-tact and working? Is there a Receiver included? Looks like the ESC and motor are covered.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Brian...from Buck's first post... "It is nearly ready to go with servos installed, e-flight 4s14v 4000mha battery, e-flight 46 brushless engine, rx battery eliminator and a few other du dads that are required to keep this thing airborne."

,,I think his "rx battery eliminator" refers to the ESC ...but this should be confirmed. Almost sounds like it's receiver ready.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708