My last post on HEFA

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
Dennis

My last post on HEFA

Unread post by Dennis » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:58 pm

I am leaving the group now. It's been fun and I learned a lot from everyone. I'm sure some of us will meet at an airfield sometime next year. In the meantime, have fun flying! Dennis - over and out!
Physicist, musician, field naturalist.
MAAC #92617

JohnOSullivan

Re: My last post on HEFA

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:51 pm

Dennis:
Don't take the replies to your thread so personally. We are primarily model airplane fliers and most of our fliers really do not have a true understanding of what you are trying to achieve with your experimentation in covert survelliance or the technology involved in its development. However, your efforts are a very legitimate part of the model aviation scene and I hope you continue with it and are successful.

However some of your posts relating to placement of radio gear in your model are overcomplicated to say the least and you seem reluctant to take the advice of those who have intimate knowledge of radio setups.

We as individuals, have a varied and diverse approach to the hobby, especially myself, whose prime interest is in RC sailplanes and Free flight duration contest models. Very few of our members fly these types of models, but it does not make me an outsider as I can appreciate and respect all forms of model flying even if I don't fly them actively.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

the-mailman

Re: My last post on HEFA

Unread post by the-mailman » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:26 am

Dennis, I hope you reconsider leaving the group. As someone who likes to build and experiment too, I was quite interested in your project and looked forward to seeing what ideas you were working on next.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.