Hey!

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
Ejkdawe

Hey!

Unread post by Ejkdawe » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:38 pm

hey im Evan. Im new here, im 12 and im freinds with gary (beavertail) and will (bruinsrock). i will be getting the flyzone switch :lol:
-Evan :D

Coyote

Re: Hey!

Unread post by Coyote » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi Evan.

I just researched the (Flyzone) Switch - looks like a nice airplane. Starting off in a high wing position as a trainer and then when your skills get better you can lower the wing to a mid-wing position. I would recommend not bothering putting/installing the wheel pants on the wheels as we're flying off a grass field. Once we know how she handles, it's easy to install afterwards. I gather you may flown once or twice at the club in Shannon Park? Any simulator time (example Realflight, Phoenix, etc)?

Looking at the Tactics 4-channel radio manual, the wireless instruction system may not be compatible with Spectrum and Futaba trainer systems that we normally use, but your intructor should confirm that. That in itself is not a problem as several solutions are possible depending on your instructor.

You're more than welcome to come by Shannon Park on most Saturdays and Sundays (8am or so - some of us are there earlier) if it's not too windy or raining outside. As you should be aware, generally the wind is weakest early in the mornings. Some guys are also there on some weekdays but you would have to make sure an instructor is there beforehand. Also, you don't have to wait for your plane to come in; the club has one or two trainers that you could fly with an instructor.

Once your plane arrives and it's put together, bring it to the field and your instructor will go over the plane with you to make sure everything works as it should. If you're having problems putting it together don't be afraid to come back to this forum and ask for help - we're here to help you fly and have fun!

Hope to see you at the field ;)

Feel free to visit our forum, there are several of us who started not too long ago and there are lots of tips to help newcomers viewforum.php?f=27 ;-)

PS: There's a post in here called Faces and names - feel free to upload a picture of yourself so we can call you by name.
-----------------------------------------------------
Marc "Coyote" Cayouette
Halifax Electric Flyers Association (HEFA) # 054
MAAC #35128
DX9

yorcram

Unread post by yorcram » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:17 pm

This hobby can be addictive. What radio do you have? It is helpful to have one that can be used with a buddybox (trainer cord).

Cheers,
marc
Plane Crazey :D

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:17 pm

I should probably mention that I gave Evan his first flight a couple of weeks ago when he was at the field with Will and Gary. He has been using a flight simulator for a couple of years and it really showed. I never touched the controls once during his first flight with the Super Cub except for take off and he made a perfect landing with just a little bit of coaching. So I recommended the Switch for him as I had just tested one in both configurations and I thought he would soon get bored with something like the Super Cub.

Still I recommend another couple of flights with the Super Cub until you are comfortable Evan before taking up the rest of your training on your Switch.

Welcome on-board to you and Will and thanks for bringing them along Gary (and Sonia too of course)!

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

Ejkdawe

Unread post by Ejkdawe » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:27 pm

thank you everybody! i will be flying on weekends and stuff. later on i will become a member of the club.i will be getting the switch in the next few days but il be flying the student plane for a while first.... if rick didnt crash it again.....
-Evan :D

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:50 pm

My Super Cub has since been repaired plus a new motor as the old one wore out and it is as good as new Evan!

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!