Hello, new guy with foam and packing tape. :)

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
Vintabilly

Hello, new guy with foam and packing tape. :)

Unread post by Vintabilly » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi there!

John O'Sullivan told me about HEFA and here I am. :)

I'm a Dartmouth guy by blood but I'm holding my own out here in Beaverbank. I've been flying at the Shannon field for a looong time and didn't realize there was a club! I also fly from Leon's and the Bedford athletic fields frequently.

I'm a dad of two boys and so I fly pretty much on a moment's notice or when there's room in the trunk. Any weather, day/night, wind...as long as I have 20 minutes I'm out the door.

I fly scratchbuilt planes because they cost less and my thumbs are dumb. Currently I fly an oversized Clancy Lazy Bee but also fly Nutballs, Sumo 3Ds, small helis (my lab partner is into anything from MSRs to .30 sized).. I'll tackle just about anything but I really like low and slow at dusk with Nav lights.

See you at the field soon I hope. :)
Vintabilly / Jerimie

How I've been carving lately: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_BxHiPT_yE
FPV'er!

retiredVTT

Re: Hello, new guy with foam and packing tape. :)

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:50 am

Glad to have you here Jerimie, check us out this weekend at Shannon. Guys usually start there around 7;30am and come and go until early afternoon sometimes...depends on weather and wind.

I will advise you that MAAC membership is required to fly, due to the insurance thing. But if need be that can be worked out.

Hope to see you soon...our present membership has gone past fifty, with twenty showing up on a good day.

Bill
secretary, HEFA
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

yorcram

Re: Hello, new guy with foam and packing tape. :)

Unread post by yorcram » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Hello,
On the weekends people start showing up/flying at sunrise. There are about 4 Sunrisers but most don't start showing until 8am.
I like the Bee....cousing to Teddy Tugboat? :lol:
I used to like scratch building but have gotten too lazy :lol: though I do like having something different at the field :roll:

Cheers,
Marc
Plane Crazey :D