New Year's Day '09 @ Shannon a bust?

News related to anything RC
retiredVTT

Re: New Year's Day '09 @ Shannon a bust?

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:54 am

Welcome aboard Bolter, any friend of RocketMan is a friend of mine..!
Bill's the name, building and flying is the game..!
Been retired eight years, after 35 years of ups and downs in the Elevator trade.
Hope to see you at Shannon..

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Hey Bolter unless it's really bad weather at least some of us are at Shannon pretty much every weekend morning so drop by when you are down this way.

RM
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

Bolter

Unread post by Bolter » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:21 pm

retiredVTT wrote:Welcome aboard Bolter, any friend of RocketMan is a friend of mine..!
Bill's the name, building and flying is the game..!
Been retired eight years, after 35 years of ups and downs in the Elevator trade.
Hope to see you at Shannon..

Bill
Hi Bill ,thanks! Think I met you a year ago Oct when I saw you guys flying from the Nissan dealership while getting my truck serviced. I wandered over for a visit and John"everyone should have one" let me experience vertigo with his FPV goggles :lol: Joined him and Chris for a cup at Timmies before heading back home. Thought I might see some of you in Margaree last summer or maybe up there on one of my infrequent visits , I will sometime!
I know one guy in the elevator business, Warren M., maybe you know him?
Cheers,
Frank
Frank Mac Donald HELLAFA pilot

Bolter

Unread post by Bolter » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:23 pm

RocketManRC wrote:Hey Bolter unless it's really bad weather at least some of us are at Shannon pretty much every weekend morning so drop by when you are down this way.

RM
Count on it RM !

Bolter

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:24 pm

It's awesome to hear from you Frank after all these years and who was to know our paths would cross again in this way?

I wonder how I missed you in October or maybe I was there and we didn't make the connection (I can get a bit focussed on flying from time to time)...

Cheers,

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:21 am

[/quote]
Hi Bill ,thanks! Think I met you a year ago Oct when I saw you guys flying from the Nissan dealership while getting my truck serviced. I wandered over for a visit and John"everyone should have one" let me experience vertigo with his FPV goggles :lol: Joined him and Chris for a cup at Timmies before heading back home. Thought I might see some of you in Margaree last summer or maybe up there on one of my infrequent visits , I will sometime!
I know one guy in the elevator business, Warren M., maybe you know him?
Cheers,
Frank[/quote]

Yes Frank, that would be Brother Manthorne, one of at least five Manthornes in the trade between here and Nfld.
If you saw us at the Nisson dealership, I must have been picking up Stryker pieces..! Definitely not one of my better days, however you takes the bad with the good...makes you much more rounded and keeps you humble..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Bolter

Unread post by Bolter » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:45 pm

RocketManRC wrote:It's awesome to hear from you Frank after all these years and who was to know our paths would cross again in this way?

I wonder how I missed you in October or maybe I was there and we didn't make the connection (I can get a bit focussed on flying from time to time)...

Cheers,

Rick
Yeah Rick, who would of guessed? RE: October , not sure if you caught that it was Oct'07 but I know what you mean about focusing on flying :lol: Will e-mail you shortly!
Frank

Bolter

Unread post by Bolter » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:56 pm

[[/quote]

Yes Frank, that would be Brother Manthorne, one of at least five Manthornes in the trade between here and Nfld.
If you saw us at the Nisson dealership, I must have been picking up Stryker pieces..! Definitely not one of my better days, however you takes the bad with the good...makes you much more rounded and keeps you humble..!

Bill[/quote]

Brother Manthorne,small world :) I saw you from the Nissan dealership and at the time you seemed to be jumping up and down on a pile of balsa sticks ! :lol: Just wondering what the VTT in your handle stands for..? I'm guessing Vertical Transport Tech?

Frank

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:21 am

Bolter wrote:[

Bill[/quote]

Brother Manthorne,small world :) I saw you from the Nissan dealership and at the time you seemed to be jumping up and down on a pile of balsa sticks ! :lol: Just wondering what the VTT in your handle stands for..? I'm guessing Vertical Transport Tech?

Frank[/quote]

..Oh, you saw us in October of '07 ...right on..! Let's see, hard to remember what I would have been crashing back then..! Maybe an Impulse ARF while trying a knife edge....massive impact with terra firma..usually I can rebuild them...but NOT that one..!

Your very close on the VTT....vertical transportation technican..or as Jim Carrey would say...."elevator guy"..!

(BTW - just read where Bro Manthorne is building a 77 foot Schooner on his property in Truro, wow, now that's a big model!)

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Bolter

Unread post by Bolter » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:03 am

BTW - just read where Bro Manthorne is building a 77 foot Schooner on his property in Truro, wow, now that's a big model!)
Hmmm....wonder if that would be a cedar strip schooner? :mrgreen: Go big or stay home!!