Looking for CA

News related to anything RC
the-mailman

Re: Looking for CA

Unread post by the-mailman » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:10 pm

Thanks for all the ideas. I've decided to struggle with the glue I have. I can only do a few connections, apply accelerator, and wait overnight before I do some more. I don't have anything else to order and just can't convince myself that it's worth $28 with shipping for better CA.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:27 pm

https://rcdude.com/bsi-foam-cure-4oz.html

This is an interesting product ...not a C/A but sounds excellent on foam..apply both sides, stick together, separate, stick'em together and move on to the next piece. Full cure in 12 hours.

I suppose you could drive over to Great Hobbies, hell no ....would cost you $50. to leave the Island..(Premier wants Ottawa to lower that to $20.)

This hobby is getting more expensive each year...soon our MAAC fee will probably go up, just as our legal altitude comes down..!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:46 am

Used to be able to get a similar product called Foam-Tac from Michaels, but they don't carry it anymore. Looks like it's a solvent free contact cement.

https://www.beaconadhesives.com/product/foam-tac/

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:07 pm

https://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=BEAFT

Found Foam-Tac at Great Hobbies..$20.00
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

saboo

Unread post by saboo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:49 am

I used to use foam-tac by beacon adhesives. Very strong smelling. I find that the contents in the bottles thickens up even with great care in trying to seal the top after opening. The Deluxe materials Foam2Foam does not seem to dry up in the tube. The foam2foam seems to have more flexibility once cured.

I even carry it in my indoor flying flight box. Always available. It seems to setup reasonably quickly for those minor tears in EPP. Full cure is 6-12 hours, but usually can be handled in 20 minutes.
Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning ;-)

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:40 pm

Well, after all the questions, suggestions, and searches I found some CA. I had to go into work and stopped into MCS, and what do you know, they are carrying Bob Smith Industries CA now. Should have started there first, but the last time I was in all they had was the Great Planes CA, which didn't work very well so I didn't check. Same price as Great Hobbies. The Bob Smith CA works so much better. Sticks fingers together, foam parts together, and everything else you didn't intend to glue. Works great with accelerator too.

Thanks everyone,
Bruce

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:34 pm

Good to hear Bruce.....they finally came around..! I imagine they got complaints.

What I have found with most ca glues is if you do not cut the tip, but instead unscrew the whole top and draw some glue into a squease tube, then put the top back on, you stand a better chance of the glue not hardening in the bottle over time.

https://www.greathobbies.com/productinf ... id=BRO8100
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708