Large format printing

News related to anything RC
the-mailman

Large format printing

Unread post by the-mailman » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:20 pm

I want to print a set of plans from PDF that are 24 x 36. I can do it as a tiled print on 8.5 x 14 and tape the sheets together, but they don't always line up well. Has anyone used the Staples printing service? It's only 3.99 for that size, but I've heard they don't always get it the right size which makes the scale incorrect.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

JohnOSullivan

Re: Large format printing

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:50 pm

KKP on Isley Ave. in Dartmouth (formerly owned by our own Chris Dean as KwickKopy) is first class at good rates. I had all my geological maps done by them. https://dartmouth.kkpcanada.ca/
Ask for Myrna - she's top notch. All prints exactly to scale.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

saboo

Re: Large format printing

Unread post by saboo » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:54 pm

Adobe Acrobat reader has the option to print cut marks. That makes it easier to align the prints.

File | Print | Poster | Select Cut marks Then you can specify the distance to edge / overlap.

I try to print the portion of the drawing, that has the scale in it, first. This allows me to confirm that the size is correct. You can tweak it a bit with the % scale factor if it is under size or over size.
Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning ;-)