Winter... Oh Winter.... When to Maiden New Planes??

News related to anything RC
bdg

Winter... Oh Winter.... When to Maiden New Planes??

Unread post by bdg » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:12 pm

Thought that I would share this given the terrible weather.... something to hopefully look forward to on brighter days....!

I tend to not buy a lot of new planes... my 2012 Visionaire remains my "go to" plane. But it is almost as though winter has gotten the better of me! My old Icon (from 2013) hit a downdraft of air on final approach last month and the fragile tail broke. Fixed it (still needs a bit of fill) but thought.... why have I been holding on to a brand-new in-box Icon BNF since September 2013... and decided to pull it out. Maidened a few weeks ago and it certainly flies much better than the predecessor. That might have started the itch....

... Boxing Day sale for an "Eagle". Likely a bit of a novelty but half-price for a kit with ESC, motor and servos and free shipping. Just could not resist. Took several hours to assemble but now ready and anxiously waiting for a maiden....
Eagle
Eagle
... and then I noticed another Boxing Day sale... this time a Twin Otter BNF. I had a chance for one last year and just wasn't sure.... But then this "smoking" (?) deal came along with an original fair price and then another 10% off.... just had to do it. It arrived Thursday and was completed that evening. Runs well on the kitchen floor... might consider separating the ESCs to provide differential thrust but might wait until after the maiden just to see how it behaves.
Twin Otter
Twin Otter
Any other new toys or exciting news from our members??? Excited to hear your stories to help get through this weather...!

Brian

Road507

Re: Winter... Oh Winter.... When to Maiden New Planes??

Unread post by Road507 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:45 am

Brian,

Great to see other people are adding to their fleets. I just add the OMP M2 Explore to my fleet of Heli's after seeing Rick fly his M1 I could not resist. Cant wait to get this thing to the field and in the air. It is one of the most stable Heli's I have ever flown.

Rhoady
IMG_1969.jpg
IMG_1969.jpg (40.27 KiB) Viewed 583 times

bdg

Re: Winter... Oh Winter.... When to Maiden New Planes??

Unread post by bdg » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:43 pm

It will be nice to see that one in the air!!!