PhoenixRC R/C Flight Simulator

News related to anything RC
bdg

Re: PhoenixRC R/C Flight Simulator

Unread post by bdg » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:49 pm

I'm game! As I'd mentioned previously - I have tried the OpenVPN as listed but with (thus far) limited success.
Last edited by bdg on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:50 pm

I would have bet on that Brian. LOL.
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:07 pm

Since I have being using PhoenixRC on and off quite a bit again for the past few days of trying to get the server to work I have come to be reminded how good it is. It can definitely help you keep your skills up and also improve them. Stick time is everything, real or simulated.
Rick MacDonald

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:10 pm

Rick - I'm happy that you know me so well....! :D

Brian

FBrown

Unread post by FBrown » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:48 pm

I finally got Phoenix R/C working on my Laptop. It's a great learning tool, still trying to get the controlled landing Still having fun learning.
Take care and stay safe

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:56 pm

That's great to hear Frank. Keep at it and we will get back out there eventually!
Rick MacDonald

wildblue30

Unread post by wildblue30 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:47 am

Rick,

You can add me to the list of active Phoenix users in the HRM RC community. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Jeff
RocketManRC wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 pm
I would be really interested to know how many people have PhoenixRC already working or are planning to do so.

John L and I are working (remotely of course) on the possibility of creating a local server to support "multiplayer" flying. No promises but I'm guessing we would be even more motivated to overcome the technical challenge to do this if there is a lot of interest :-)

Please post here or send me a PM.
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S

Ivan

Unread post by Ivan » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:02 am

i still use it a Local HEFA online would be great and some one to make the flying site game in the sim would be great to

MGC

Unread post by MGC » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:10 am

Fantastic! I would be very interested in joining the fun! It will probably be a month untill my dongle arrives from bangood though, but once it gets here i would love to fly multiplayer with you guys. @rocketmanrc you are correct sir, smartpropoplus does not work with Phoenix. Its only good for sims like realflight where the licensing is in the software.

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:13 pm

I finally found my cable, installed Phoenix and got my DX6 set up. The Phoenix procedure for setting up the radio didn't seem to work for my DX6 so I ended up finding a radio profile that someone else made and loaded that.

If you get a server set up let me know and I'll join the fun too.

I did find someone else that is running a server, but I haven't tried it yet. It might be an alternative place to fly. You do need to install a VPN client to make the connection, but that shouldn't be too hard to set up.

https://www.flugsimulatoren.ch/
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.