PhoenixRC R/C Flight Simulator

News related to anything RC
the-mailman

Re: PhoenixRC R/C Flight Simulator

Unread post by the-mailman » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:28 pm

Got the openVPN client installed and joined the online session. Works pretty good. Saw a few flyers last night. Not very busy at all.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Good that you were able to get it connected, Bruce. I have installed OpenVPN and run it and get an IP. But it does not seem to work with Phoenix...
Capture_Phoenix_MP.JPG
Perhaps a router issue... not sure yet. Any success story / tips that you might be able to share?

Brian

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:43 pm

Did you copy the certificate and config file into the correct directory? Also, openVPN has to be run as administrator. I didn't have to open any ports on my router, but did have to allow the Windows firewall access. It prompted me.

After running openvpn I had to connect using the supplied password.

I just followed the instruction on the site https://www.flugsimulatoren.ch/

The hosting site only runs version 5.5.l so if your at 6 it might be the problem.

Also noticed that if I don't have the fields and planes that others use I can't connect to the rooms or see them fly.

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Interesting.... so with two changes my situation has improved.
(1) Running OpenVPN as an administrator
(2) Setting the ports (Set metric 25 for VPN adapter, and metric 75 for LAN adapter) <-- I hoped that changing my settings would not be necessary...

So now I can indeed connect but I cannot join any as the servers need to upgrade to v6. As you mention, all are running v5.5.l
Capture_Phoenix_MP1.JPG
Thanks!

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:35 pm

Great. Looks like you'll probably have to uninstall Phoenix and only upgrade to the same level. I doubt they'll upgrade just for us. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like you can create your own room and password protect.

Hope to see you there soon.

Ivan

Unread post by Ivan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Does anyone leave the PC on 24/7 like me to have a room open

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Laptop is usually on but not always connected for flying. Are you using this site? I haven't seen you yet. I'm usually on in the evening.

Ivan

Unread post by Ivan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:29 pm

not yet i will be trying tomorrow

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Sat May 09, 2020 11:58 pm

I'd be interested. I just have to install the software and hope that I can find my Phoenix connector cable.... which might have been placed in a random bag that is stored somewhere in the abyss of my basement.
Andrew C.