Keep him in your thoughts....

News related to anything RC
RocketManRC

Re: Keep him in your thoughts....

Unread post by RocketManRC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:23 pm

This is heart breaking and a terrible loss.

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

JohnF

Unread post by JohnF » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:22 pm

I didn’t know this fine gentleman very long. He had a great smile, very humorous, always gave encouragement and was a great flyer. I always felt that I knew him for a long time. Steve will be missed by all who knew him.
My condolences to his wife and family.

nunyabizniss34

Unread post by nunyabizniss34 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:48 pm

Steve was a super guy. He was one of the first people I got to interact with when I got into RC, he helped me in so many ways. I will always remember our trips to Lawrencetown when we went sloping. He was such a fun guy to have around. He will be sorely missed!
Colin
Parkzone Sport Cub
Eflite Timber Turbo
Trex 470L
Goblin 420
Mikado Logo 550

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Steve had always been such a great influence to our club. Always willing to help anyone in need with building tips, trimming a plane, hand-launching or recovering from a missed / short landing. I will forever remember the commitment that Steve had for getting a member's Timber out of a tree - on a long weekend after everyone else had gone and when the call of home was pressing for holiday dinner. He stuck it out to help our members. He was that kind of guy.

He publically supported our club - and I hope enjoyed it - through events such as the Shearwater Hobby Show and “recently” at the HEFA Canada Day festivities with HRM at the Halifax Common. Nice to meet Lisa there too at this full day event.

One of our best - if not the best - pilots at the field. His jovial nature will be missed. Steve and Lucy just seemed to go together everywhere. He was a great builder for planes, and his flight boxes were always completed with precision and pride.

Certainly my condolences go out to his family. This leaves a huge hole for his family and also for anyone who had the honour to meet Steve.

Brian
Last edited by bdg on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichaelWiper

Unread post by MichaelWiper » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Hey, my name is Michael Wiper I am Steve’s youngest boy, I use to come to Shannon back when I was a young fella and I remember a couple names I’ve seen in this post. he has passed away and I am lost for words thank you guys for all the nice things that were said.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:07 pm

Hi Michael, I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad. We were looking forward to many more laughs this summer. He was a joy to be around and helped us all.
My sincere condolences to you and your Mom. Steve's unexpected passing has taken the wind from all of us. I can only hope that he is in a better place and that one day we will meet again.

Bill F.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Entropist

Unread post by Entropist » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:15 pm

The fields and indoor venues will not be the same without Steve. I just can't find the words. He offered me some good advice when asked, and he always found a positive side to things.

John W
John W.
HEFA
MAAC

rhyneheimer

Unread post by rhyneheimer » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Steve showed me kindness, and always made me laugh. an awesome aerobatics pilot, he was mastering the slope, and i had been looking forward to seeing him there this summer to share some fancy flying. thanks everyone for your thoughts about Steve
Steve Ryan -
HEFA/MAAC pilot, slope soaring fanatic, electric enthusiast -
I am not a drone

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:21 pm

MichaelWiper wrote:Hey, my name is Michael Wiper I am Steve’s youngest boy, I use to come to Shannon back when I was a young fella and I remember a couple names I’ve seen in this post. he has passed away and I am lost for words thank you guys for all the nice things that were said.
Hi Michael it is very kind of you to post your message on here and I remember you well! I am so sorry for your loss.

Rick
Rick MacDonald

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:58 pm

I feel privileged to post the first pictures here. Can't you just see that big grin from ear to ear even from the back?!
IMG_2651.jpg
IMG_2646.jpg
IMG_2645.jpg
IMG_2644.jpg
IMG_2642.jpg
IMG_2636.jpg
Rick MacDonald