Hobbyking USA "Free Shipping" - NOT!!!

News related to anything RC
retiredVTT

Re: Hobbyking USA "Free Shipping" - NOT!!!

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:59 pm

No more "small orders" from HK for me...!!!!!!!!!!!! Better to stock the items in advance or "build up" a larger order over time.

My latest order from HK totalled $61.57 Canadian ($47 US) and my postal charges were $19.19 and consisted of $9.24 HST and $9.95 Handling Fee. Cannot argue about the HST, but since the Canada Post "handling fee" is the same whether your order is $20.00 or $1,000.00, it makes sense to keep to the larger order amounts.

Now last night I had an order ready to go to the International site for $140.00 and up came the message "add $10.00 for free shipping", which I did...but they still wanted $60.00 shipping and added it to the overall cost, so I bailed..! The order is still in the cart along with the shipping cost, so I'll try deleting the order and redoing it. (found out later that there was NO FREE SHIPPING on the plane I was ordering)

I think we will all see more of these "extra charges" under different names. Once one or more carriers have success with adding fees, they all want to get onboard.

PS...Remember that there is "no actual duty" on our hobby products. I recall the lobbying with gov't that got us this reprieve, back in the late 70's or so..!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708