News related to anything RC
- Posts: 969
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:59 am
We've received a request for information related to model airplanes from the 1970s... I wanted to put this out to the greater group in case you might be able to contribute...
Some particulars follow:
- Information requested from a Professor at the University of Texas at Austin.
- She is doing some research about an exhibition at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design in 1971 which was titled: Halifax Radio Control Model Aircraft Exhibition. It was a large exhibition which contained at least a dozen model aircraft and it was partly organized by John Quinn, a local model builder and technician working at the college at the time.
- She is trying to find out more information about this event- if you could offer any assistance at all, she would be very much appreciate it.
- The exhibition took place in April at the Anna Leonowen’s Gallery at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design - back when the college was on Coburg Road in downtown Halifax.
- I’m trying to find anyone who remembers it, or to see if any of these models are still in existence, or to talk to anyone who attended the exhibition.
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:00 pm
Hi ,Bill, are there any more photos of the planes that were at that show? The old bi plane that I have may be one of them, the chap I bought it from, had told me the old boy that built it, had flown it with .25 glow at the time, and the builder was quite well known in your area, at that time period, there are photos of it, in your photos, id be interested in knowing if it may have been one of these models, thx, bill
- Posts: 747
- Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:14 pm
This lady approached both my son Jon and myself a month or so ago regarding this show. I did not recognize anyone in these photos although I did attend at least one display there. The Halifax radio control club organized them. I posted these photos and her request on the Avon forum a while ago as many of the HRCC guys had gravitated to Avon. No response from my post there. I do know that some of the people involved with these shows are no longer with us.
These are the only two photos she sent Duster.