Tiny Whoop Flight Footage and Acro VS Angle Mode

FPV racing is one of the hottest things in the R/C world right now (2015). Let's talk about it here!
SecretBuilder

Tiny Whoop Flight Footage and Acro VS Angle Mode

Unread post by SecretBuilder » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:28 pm

I was kind of busy this weekend and I didn't make it to the field but earlier in the week the parcel containing a replacement motor for my Mobula 6 arrived and I spent some time flying around my basement.

My video for this can be found here: https://youtu.be/ycC2fVPDCcA

I also have another video with more flight footage on my channel.

All of these flights are done in angle mode but more recently (for the past day) I have been practicing in acro trainer mode (with a 30 degree pitch and roll limit) for when/if I end up flying outside with a quad.

Another reason for trying to learn how to fly in acro mode is that is more resembles the controls of a fixed wing aircraft. this is good because the last time I tried to fly my plane I crashed a LOT which I think was is part due to the fact that I had only flown my tiny whoop for the past month.

When you push the stick forwards on a plane you are actually pitching down and not pitching forwards like on a quad in angle mode. In acro mode when you want to turn you are partially pulling back on the stick to pitch forwards in the new direction that you are facing which I think is closer to flying a fixed wing aircraft.
Aiden | Pilot Name: AlbatrossFPV | MAAC#: 97485 | HEFA#: ?
Radio: Radiomaster TX16S | Goggles: FatShark Attitude V6
YouTube: AlbatrossFPV

bdg

Re: Tiny Whoop Flight Footage and Acro VS Angle Mode

Unread post by bdg » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:08 pm

That's great!!! Thanks for sharing. It looks like a lot of fun!

What are you using for goggles? What type of range are you getting outdoors? How does it handle the winds?

Brian

SecretBuilder

Re: Tiny Whoop Flight Footage and Acro VS Angle Mode

Unread post by SecretBuilder » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:11 am

For Goggles i am using the TopSky Prime 1s with one included dipole antenna and one Foxeer Lollipop V3 stubby. in terms of wind handling I haven't actually flown it outside yet but the next day that I get that isn't too windy I plan on going to the local park to fly it. My guess is that it will really only be good in very little wind due to it's very small size, light weight and relatively small thrust to weight ratio.
Aiden | Pilot Name: AlbatrossFPV | MAAC#: 97485 | HEFA#: ?
Radio: Radiomaster TX16S | Goggles: FatShark Attitude V6
YouTube: AlbatrossFPV