flitelab.com - New Canadian Multicopter Online Store

A forum dedicated to multicopters since there is quite a a bit of interest among HEFA members.
MarkL

flitelab.com - New Canadian Multicopter Online Store

Unread post by MarkL » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:06 am

After an email from Rick for the ok on this, thought I would post an introduction to our new online Canadian (locally based in HRM) multicopter resource center and online store – http://www.flitelab.com - the new home for multi-rotor/multicopter aircraft (tricopters, quadcopters, hexacopters, Y6, etc) information and products with a focus on serving Canadian hobbyists.

flitelab.com came out of my growing interest in RC, and more specifically, the multi-rotor area of the hobby. With the DIY approach of most RC projects and the niche segment of multi-rotors, it is an on-going challenge to find the best components and get them shipped to Canada in a reliable and timely fashion, not knowing what surprises might arise from customs and related fees along the way. With so many options coming out on a regular basis from all corners of the world, it is often a “try and hope” approach to see what you get after placing an order and not knowing how long the wait might be for it to arrive.

To help address these issues and help give something back to the hobby for other Canadian hobbyists, flitelab.com was born. Taking the ever-growing research knowledge and trial & error usage of various components, we hope to bring a selection of good quality, useful products directly to Canada, creating a source within the country, and help reduce some of the headaches and delays noted above for both those established and new to the hobby.

We will be carrying the Quadrino multiwii board as our main controller (designed and manufactured by a former Sackville resident living in Florida). In addition we are also the Canadian distributor for the OpenPilot CopterControl board, however supply on these is very limited and sporadic so not something we will have in stock at all times (typically they sell out in hours with other resellers when a new batch comes out).

The VC-450 from Hoverthings.com will be our main frame. It is a very well built, strong frame built from G10 and made in Florida (by another ex NS resident no less). We also will be stocking the Fyetech X4 combo kits (frame, motors, ESCs, props, wiring harness) for a good quality low price option that you can get most everything in one box and add your own controller, Rx, and lipo.

We will be carrying two main lines of motors – the mid/upper end Tiger MT Series and the more budget line Suppo motors. We will also be carrying the Tiger ESCs as well as the Hobbywing FlyFun ESCs. In addition to what we list on the site we can also special order in other products from our suppliers from manufactures such as Hitec, Align, Gaui, Castle, etc. Anything http://www.empirerc.com/ carries we can get in basically, along with items from our other suppliers.

We are also in the process of researching other potential components to carry, all comes down to getting good quality at a good price that we can carry. More details on these products can be found on the website in the Online Store section. Right now we are still getting things setup and stock is slowly arriving, hopefully within the next few weeks we will have most items on hand.

If there are any products you are interested in and would like to see carried just let me know. The goal is to make this a useful resource for everyone so the better I can meet your needs the better for everyone.

This is just a new venture and a one man operation, our goal is to provide good service and try and keep prices reasonable. We are not a big company looking to get rich overnight. This is part of my hobby. Any comments or questions feel free to ask.

Mark Langille
flitelab@schoonersolutions.com
http://www.flitelab.com

RocketManRC

Re: flitelab.com - New Canadian Multicopter Online Store

Unread post by RocketManRC » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:39 am

After scrounging parts from the corners of the globe for the past year and building controllers by hand I'm really glad to see Mark offer this service locally!

I am going to make this topic "sticky" so it is easy to find.

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

eyeinsky

Unread post by eyeinsky » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Great news!!

Jerry

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:24 am

Quick video of a new test build I just put together.
Uses the Tiger Motors and ESCs, with cheap Chinese X525 frame, and the TMF PRO controller board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vCqW9f0G1Y

falcondart

Unread post by falcondart » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:21 pm

I didn't realize we had too much Canadian talent until I read your piece. Of course anyone from around here involved with multi's will have an idea of the talent we have in our club . I see a couple of them have already congradulated you, as will I . It is just great to have interested people and support in the local area. I know what you mean when you say ...you don't know what your getting , or when it will arrive.

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Just a heads up to the local folks, I just got the first shipment of VC-450 frames and Quadrino boards in tonight. Some of these are already spoken for and I'll be updating the website with stock this weekend, but if anyone is interested let me know and I'll give you first chance at these.

Jack - I sent you a PM on your items as well.

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Just an update to let everyone know I now have props in stock, both GemFan and GWS with some APC on the way as well.
More info here - http://www.flitelab.com/OnlineStore/Props.aspx

Also have the TMF Pro controller board in stock along with the Quadrinos.

For those picking up the Blade mQX I will have Hyperion lipos for them coming in a week or two as well, nice upgrade over the stock EFlite lipo.

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm

More VC-450 and 550 frames arriving this week alogn with the mQX Hyperion Lipos.

Also here is a new sneak peek at a new frame we are having designed and hope to be carrying soon.

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Finally got the new spider frame all together and ready to maiden. Have it setup with DJI Naza flight controller.

Updated pics here:
http://www.flitelab.com/Reviews/DiaLFon ... rview.aspx

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Page now updated with the maiden video as well.