another dx6i recall

A place for info or problems concerning Transmitters, Receivers or Servos.
AndrewS

another dx6i recall

Unread post by AndrewS » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:51 pm

Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

steve

Re: another dx6i recall

Unread post by steve » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:41 pm

As a non 2.4 gig user, there seems to be or have been many issues with Spectrum.........

Just my o2

Steve
Steve

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:26 pm

Nope! With the dx6i radio for the most part. It is the "newest" and uses newest software.
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:17 am

I fixed the above link....the contents of the link refer to an inferior "trainer jack" on two series of the DX6i Tx that have been known to cause a short circuit when the jack is used (for a buddy system or to operate a simulator)

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

steve

Unread post by steve » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:33 pm

...Nothing is anything until compared to something.............

Perhaps my response should have read, I believe, from the various threads I have read on RC groups, that the Spectrum brand has had some growing pains since its inception into the market.....

As a non 2.4 GIG user, and someone curious about making the leap........the testimonials, reports, rumors, whatever give me pause as to which "brand" is most reliable

:|
Steve

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:00 pm

yep, they've had a fair number of rather big problems. I classify a recall as a big problem.

they also did some things they shouldn't like bringing out the dx6 dsm1 and then shortly after going to dsm2. That left a lot of people with old technology that was just months old.

I find you get dragged into 2.4 no matter what. I have at least eight 72 receivers and an excellent cap9 transmitter and said I'd never change. then they bring out the plug and play stuff, some of which you can't resist like the MSR heli and the new mustang and coming soon 4-site.

I bought the heli and wound up with a spektrum module for my cap9. guess I'm on the way to 2.4.

I'm unhappy though that the DSM2 is not backwards compatable for the little cessna I've had for a while. All of this clouds my opinion of spektrum.

yorcram

Unread post by yorcram » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:36 pm

I read of issues with Spectrum and also Futaba 2.4G. Guess it is a new field for RC so it is taking a bit to get things right.
As stated in the last post, I was fairly happy on FM. But this new Bind N Fly stuff looks like fun and is so cheap that it was hard to stay away. I must say I am enjoying the Su-26 :)
Plane Crazey :D