?

A place for info or problems concerning Transmitters, Receivers or Servos.
Dirt Torpedo

?

Unread post by Dirt Torpedo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:01 pm

?
Last edited by Dirt Torpedo on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retiredVTT

Re: The new stuff is coming from JR

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Ok..it's late, and I've been on this thing for a few hours posting vids etc elsewhere...but this is very interesting stuff, Jeff..!

Is this the same Tx at all three links..? Prices are bouncing all over the place..!

Once more, competition seems to be working just fine..thank you!

Wow..how many new radios out there..and 18 memories is much better than my 8..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Dirt Torpedo

Unread post by Dirt Torpedo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:51 pm

?
Last edited by Dirt Torpedo on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:47 pm

This appears to be a DGR..(dam good radio) for $269 from Target ...some telemetry, 18 model memory, the JR name, the ability to "bind" with all those BNF models that Hor Hobby keep bringing forth...and able to use those cheap knock off Rx's that are hitting the market now..!

..give me some negative points..!

Later Edit...does NOT support DSM2...pity! (see next post)
Sorry JR ...you didn't need to reinvent the wheel..!

Bill
Last edited by retiredVTT on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

schooner2000

Unread post by schooner2000 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:20 pm

retiredVTT wrote:This appears to be a DGR..(dam good radio) for $269 from Target ...some telemetry, 18 model memory, the JR name, the ability to "bind" with all those BNF models that Hor Hobby keep bringing forth...and able to use those cheap knock off Rx's that are hitting the market now..!

..give me some negative points..!

Bill
Where does it say it supports DSM2? My understanding is that it usues its own seperate 2.4 technology. It would need to support DSM2 for BNF support.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 pm

DMSS stands for Dual Modulation Spread Spectrum

which basically means that JR can adapt it to be either a full ‘frequency hopping spread

spectrum’ system (FHSS) or a ‘direct sequence spread spectrum’ system (DSSS)

OOPS....guess it does not support DSM2, pity...! That is a negative...and a BIG NEGATIVE..!

I knew it said something about a "dual" modulation...glad you brought that up before I ordered it..!

thanks,

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

schooner2000

Unread post by schooner2000 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:54 am

From what I heard on this before, JR wanted to go in a new direction mostly for non NA markets to try and get away from the issues of DSM and go to a spread spectrum technology like others are usign now for 2.4 but I beleive Spektrum plans to stick with DSM as well as there still being JR DSM units as well goign forward.

AndrewS

Unread post by AndrewS » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:06 am

Found this on RCG
This letter was released roughly six or seven weeks ago .

To Our Valued JR Customers:

During the recent BMFA Nationals, a new JR 7 channel radio system using DMSS was shown by our UK distributor. This system uses a technology that is incompatible with DSM2 in order to meet a market need where DSM2 is not available to JR. Unfortunately, several individuals made statements that JR finds very misleading and require correction.

JR remains committed to future development with DSM technologies and to our customers who currently own JR equipment using the DSM standard. JR will continue to manufacture, sell, and support DSM equipment in all markets currently allowed by agreement.

It is our goal that this communication clears up any questions about JR’s intentions and that JR remains confident in and committed to the future of DSM technology around the world.

We thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards

Mooney Takamura.
International Sales Manager
JR Propo
Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:48 pm

All this flip-flop shuffling of non compatible systems in JR and Spectrum makes me happy I have stayed with Futaba (since 1971) -- a real radio system

John
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

schooner2000

Unread post by schooner2000 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:02 pm

JohnOSullivan wrote:All this flip-flop shuffling of non compatible systems in JR and Spectrum makes me happy I have stayed with Futaba (since 1971) -- a real radio system

John
Futaba has 2.4 as well as 72. Don't see how this is any more or less complex that Spektrum, JR, or anyone else. Spektrum just happened to be first in 2.4 and at least help push that forward as a technology.

Can't say I get caught up in the fanboy brand loyalty game. Every company has been known to make good and bad products over the years. Pick what suits your needs best.