Orange Transmitters

A place for info or problems concerning Transmitters, Receivers or Servos.
goodenough70

Orange Transmitters

Unread post by goodenough70 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:06 pm

Hello folks.. looking for feedback from anyone that has personal experience with Orange radios.

Thanks.

Duster

Re: Orange Transmitters

Unread post by Duster » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:32 pm

I had one and the radio worked very well, but be extremely careful of the scroll wheel, they break really easy, the shaft is very tiny, I just changed a plane and just touched it, snap, never heard it, that was the end of my flying with that radio.

wildblue30

Unread post by wildblue30 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:27 am

Hello,

I have owned my OrangeRX Tx6i 6 channel transmitter for over 2 years now. I use it to fly both airplane and helicopter models, including some small UMX models. I have never had any issues (binding, signal loss, range limitations, etc) and it meets my needs without any unwanted complexity. I have bound it with both OrangeRX brand and Spektrum receivers with no problems. The only thing you have to do is make sure you set the correct protocol type (DSM2 / DSMX) for each model to correspond to the receiver you are using. They also have a 10 channel radio that has similar features for just a few dollars more.

Jeff
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S

goodenough70

Unread post by goodenough70 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:47 pm

Thank you both for the feed back .. a bit disappointing they don't have a model with voice prompts ...I know ..getting a bit demanding ..lol

Scooterboy

Unread post by Scooterboy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Hello;
I have 2 orange T six transmitters. I have used them for many years with great success.
I like that they are very simple to use and navigating through the settings is straight forward. I also like that you can install a variety of battery types for power. They are such a bright colour that you never leave it behind by accident.
One word of caution, if you do spring for one. Take the back off and hot glue where the wires connect to the gimbal potentiometer. On one of mine the wire fatigued off at the solder joint. I don't know if they resolved this issue with later units.
I do have too many radios....you can have one of mine for $ 20.00
Regards
Scooterboy
Kevin Baker

goodenough70

Unread post by goodenough70 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:15 pm

Very good information, thanks Mr. Baker ! ... also pm sent.