RC DUDE. COM (great service..!)

A place to share info on Sale priced RC products.
retiredVTT

RC DUDE. COM (great service..!)

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:31 pm

The last China Hobby Lipo packs in the 4S and 6S size arrived with an XT90 connector that has a built in surge suppressor that eliminates the "snap" when you connect it to the ESC. It's a nice touch as over time this "snap" (which is caused by the sudden inrush of current into the zero resistance of the ESC capacitors) could result in damage to the ESC. However, obtaining the matching XT90 connector locally can be a problem.

Knowing that "Randy" at www.rcdude.com carries a nice supply of the many different connectors that are used in the rc hobby, and that his shipping policy is "if the order is in by noon, it WILL ship that day", I placed an order on the 20th of this month and it arrived today, the 26th..! The order shipped from Mesquite, NV, which I presume is Nevada, USA. I had emailed him sometime ago about his great service, to which he replied.."Hey, I know what it's like to wait for an order..!"

Of course, there is usually a negative side to every positive situation, so here is the downer to this one. While my little order amounted to $US13.85, the shipping cost was $US12.00. But I needed the product "now" in order to use the new lipo packs. And really, how much "extra" was the shipping cost....maybe $5.00

And finally, did you ever notice that you never see a Brink's vehicle following a Hearst ...that's because "you can't take it with you..."!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Re: RC DUDE. COM (great service..!)

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:42 pm

Received this reply from Randy at RC Dude today after copying the above post to him...

Bill,

Thank you so much for posting that for your other club members to see. Advertising like that is priceless. I wish we could have lower shipping cost to customers in Canada but unfortunately that’s the least expensive option we could find. At least we charge the actual cost of shipping based on your order weight instead of trying to gouge the customer with inflated shipping charges.

Thanks for your business. Let me know if you have questions or need anything in the future.

Randy Moody
R/C Dude Hobbies
http://www.rcdude.com
randy@rcdude.com
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:49 pm

I placed an order with RC Dude.com today at 4:30pm and received a notice at 6:30pm that the order has shipped.
I'm getting one of those new "BadAss motors" that have just come on the scene, plus a few "clearance" items. I'll post when the order arrives.

Still waiting on an order from HobbyKing that was placed on Oct 3rd .....ridiculous how long their orders take to arrive..!

Bill
Last edited by retiredVTT on Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

wildblue30

Unread post by wildblue30 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:18 am

Bill,

Have you checked to see if any of the items are on backorder? Four weeks is a long time to wait. My last two HK orders arrived (by FedEx Ground mind you) in about a week. The customs charges were not too bad ($25 and $30). Or maybe you used standard shipping?

Jeff
Last edited by wildblue30 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:00 am

I'm still waiting on a Hobbyking order from Oct 2. Shipped promptly and arrived in Canada on 16th Oct. Still in orbit in the Canadian Custons or Canada Post.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:17 pm

retiredVTT wrote:I placed an order with RC Dude.com today at 4:30pm and received a notice at 6:30pm that the order has shipped.
I'm getting one of those new "BadAss motors" that have just come on the scene, plus a few "clearance" items. I'll post when the order arrives.

Still waiting on an order from HobbyKing that was placed on Oct 3rd .....ridiculous how long their orders take to arrive..!

Bill
..update, my HK order of Oct 3rd was received Nov 4th, and the Oct 31st order from RC Dude arrived today, Nov 12th. (The "BadAss" motor appears to be properly named..!!!!!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

yorcram

Unread post by yorcram » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:40 pm

So, what badass motor did you get?
I will be needing a new power system soon so may go this route.

Marc
Plane Crazey :D

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:41 am

yorcram wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:40 pm
So, what badass motor did you get?
I will be needing a new power system soon so may go this route.

Marc
I got the 3520/790 motor Marc, and plan to run it on 5S with a 9x9 prop.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708