The future of FLITE-TEST...!

a place to discuss current events and other non hobby topics.
retiredVTT

Re: The future of FLITE-TEST...!

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:16 pm

Another update from Flite-Test. This time Josh Bixler takes us on a "Shop tour of their Edgewater Airpark". A lot has taken place since their "fund raiser" went viral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfQ2Svp ... fQ2SvpiTJk
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:06 pm

Another "update" on the marvelous adventures of the Flite-Test gang as they march forward with the development of "Edgewater Park".
This venture came about when the Bixlers put all their resources together to purchase a 120 acre golf course and then started a "Go Fund" to raise US$200,000, (which actually peaked out at US$374,000), that bank rolled a whole lot of improvements..!

In this video, we get a tour of some of the acreage, as they demonstrate their twin high wing FT Legecy, based on the Telemaster model from the 1970's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biNpEfvx1YE
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:15 pm

You must know by now that I've been a big fan of Flite-Test over the past several years, to the point that when they were having a fund raiser a couple years back to purchase a 120 acre golf club I threw in $75US and received a "founders coin" in return. It turned out that within several weeks this fund grew to several hundred thousand dollars which allowed the owners to pursue their dream.

So I just came upon a video labeled "The Untold Story of Flite-Test" and immediately I thought negative thoughts of a possible scandal. I'm glad to report that this is not the case..! But this video documents how Flite-Test came about, the vision of the founders, the struggles they seem to conquor each year, etc.

I think you'll find it interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GENq_2twfGI
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

DoverSail

Unread post by DoverSail » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:56 pm

I thought the same thing seeing that video title, that I’d be in for some spicy gossip or something, but it was not the case! It’s interesting that they’re a CBO now. I wonder how that will pan out for them.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:04 am

DoverSail wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:56 pm
I thought the same thing seeing that video title, that I’d be in for some spicy gossip or something, but it was not the case! It’s interesting that they’re a CBO now. I wonder how that will pan out for them.
For those that might wonder..what's a CBO..

Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) are public or private not-for-profit resource hubs that provide specific services to the community or targeted population within the community.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708