OK... here's number 10!!!

Discussions related to milatary rc models
Enforcer

OK... here's number 10!!!

Unread post by Enforcer » Wed May 20, 2009 11:33 pm

I ordered it tonight. Won't be in stores 'till June 30th (probably later here). If you're interested, RC Wings is taking preorders at $208.00. Comes with everything accept the Transmitter... has to be DSM2 compatible. I think this is a VERY good price. Purchase one more servo and you will have a 4 channel, brushless, scale, P-51.

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Defaul ... ID=PKZ1880

AndrewS, AndrewC, Marc, and JackD (and anyone else as well)... we will have to form a Warbird wing. We could wait for guys who like to fly Super Cubs to get airborn... and then strafe 'em! Wait, forget it... I'm one of those guys! LOL!

Murray
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

Ghost Flyer

Re: OK... here's number 10!!!

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Thu May 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Let me know when you maiden it... I'm really looking forward to seeing it fly! I've always liked those P-51's!
Andrew C.

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Thu May 21, 2009 10:24 pm

No problem Andrew. I might try a buddy box maiden with this one. I ordered the extra rudder servo (only $15.00 - taxes in).

And, you can take her for a spin anytime you like! You're an excellent flyer Sir! I can't wait till I reach that level of confidence. Baby steps... baby steps! ;)

Murray
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Fri May 22, 2009 12:07 pm

<blushing> Thanks for the compliment, Murray, but I too, have a long way to go before I get to where the pros are at. I become mesmerized when I see Chris, Rick, Bill, Greg and many others fly. Speaking of Chris, he was really hot-dogging his bi-plane the other night, at SP; that was something to see. Well, baby steps are good, especially with newer planes, but I think you are quite competent with your Super Cub, now. Fighting sudden wind changes, sudden gusts, and landing are probably the trickiest things that you'll encounter with your Super Cub. I can't say the same with the faster, less stable planes. Get used to doing some loop-de-loops with the SC and then throw whatever else you can at it. Just remember to have plenty of height until you feel more confident with it. You're gonna love the P-51 and some of the aerobatics it's capable of. I'm very tempted to get one of my own.

Cheers,
Andrew
Andrew C.

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Fri May 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Here is a video of the new Parkzone P-51 with a 480 brushless outrunner motor and 3 cell, 1300 mAh lipo (both included with plane).

http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Files/ ... evised.wmv
Andrew C.