South Australia February 2010

A place to post RC Vids.
RocketManRC

South Australia February 2010

Unread post by RocketManRC » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:06 am

On my more or less annual business trip to Australia this year I took the new Multiplex Merlin with me. I also brought one of those keychain "spy" cameras which takes amazing quality video. The Merlin will carry it with no problem but I have had little success for various reasons.

Meanwhile today I was at the Skyhawks field just outside of Adelaide with my friend Martin. We put the keychain camera on his T-Rex and I took video from the ground with my HD Camcorder while he flew. I think the result was pretty amazing, in fact I think it is my best ever R/C video. Here it is:

http://www.vimeo.com/9421378

The weather here is fantastic! Actually it is almost always like that. Maybe we should organize a HEFA field trip here some winter. One can only dream...

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

karlpenney

Re: South Australia February 2010

Unread post by karlpenney » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:41 am

Nice video Rick!

Karl
Last edited by karlpenney on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnOSullivan

Re: South Australia February 2010

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Don't believe anything Rick says. If the truth be known, he is just carousing around the Barossa Valley, the premier WINE producing area in Australia - just look at the video again.
My wife and I and our venerable 1966 VW HIPPY BUS toured the Adelaide area in early 1973 after attending the 1972/3 Australian model airplane Nationals in Geelong, Victoria.
By 10 am, I saw a full size Glass Sailplane fly over our van and dump a load of water ballast.
I tried to rationalize that I could not possibly have sampled enough wine to imagine the sailplane. I followed it and ended up at the Australian full size sailplane Nationals at Waikerie, the centre of full size gliding in Australia. What a revelation, it was the first time I had seen a state of the art full size moulded glass sailplane!
I counted 65 moulded aircraft and was told that the nationals was a precursor to the following years world championships which was to be held there.
It was a tough job to pull ourselves away and face the 2700 km drive back to Perth in Western Australia.

John
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26