HEFA INDOOR FLYING SCHEDULE - Fall 2015/Winter2016

A place to post info regarding indoor r/c flying.
the-mailman

Re: HEFA INDOOR FLYING SCHEDULE - Fall 2015/Winter2016

Unread post by the-mailman » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Thanks Brian, my son and I watched an indoor event last fall and it was exciting and intense with so many planes in the air. Someday I hope to be as confident to be able to do that.

I was never sure if I just showed up at the field that the trainer would be there or if anyone would have time to teach me so it's good to know. Once the weather warms up a bit I'll be sure to post.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

CF Av8or

Unread post by CF Av8or » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:52 pm

Just to get this post back on track, let's please have a show of hands for those that would like to continue with indoor flying this season.

As Bill stated, it requires 13 (actually) to break even for a 3 hour indoor session, but this can be reduced to a 2 hour session requiring only 8 flyers to break even. The ladies that manage Porters Lake have been awesome in that they are often willing to let us stay longer, even if we only rent a 2 hour session, so this might be the way to go, if the interest is there.

Please chime in guys.

Thanks,
Vic

PS - Mailman, a model like the Vapor or the Ember is a perfect indoor training aircraft, as they fly so slowly that keeping them off the walls in a small space is really quite easy. And even if they hit a wall, the inertia involved is so small that there is usually no damage whatsoever. You are quite correct that the controlled climate (ie. no wind) certainly is a bonus when learning. So give it a thought.

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:47 pm

I am keen to go again a couple of more times but only weekend mornings work for me. And I would be pleased to do some training with the old beatup Vapor that I have. I'm really missing having Ken for a student and he was getting pretty darn good :-)
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!