Prospect Community Center venue..

A place to post info regarding indoor r/c flying.
retiredVTT

Prospect Community Center venue..

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 pm

Last week I visited the recently opened (July 2010) Prospect Community Center to have a look at their 7000 sq ft Gym. I asked if they could help us out with indoor flying time.

They came back with this Sunday time slot in March.

Sunday March 27th....NOON until 2:30pm

EDITed on Feb 7th/11(added the following dates)

February 27th (Sunday) 1PM - 3PM
March 5th (Saturday) 5pm - 7PM

Edited March 5th to include another date..
MARCH 12th. (SATURDAY) 6pm to 8:30pm

So I'm suggesting an adult fee of just $10.00 per date, with the juniors flying free (MAAC still required by ALL).

Obviously, if it works out we could probably reserve additional dates in the Fall of the year by getting our request in early. Another bonus is that they only require payment when we arrive each session.

I visited this venue partly because they are proposing to build an identical gym in Bedford and having it attached to the brand new High School on Innovation Drive, (RIM site), to be opened for Sept 2012.

..pictures of the gym are here,

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac22 ... ly%202010/

Bill
Last edited by retiredVTT on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Dirt Torpedo

Re: Prospect Community Center venue..

Unread post by Dirt Torpedo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Looks like a nice space

saboo

Unread post by saboo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:06 pm

That's a great looking spot. Fair price too. If those nets can be cranked up in short order, then it should be a great venue.

How about a map or location address for us to find it.
Thanks

Saboo
Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning ;-)

saboo

Unread post by saboo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:55 am

After re-reading Bill's post, I am pleased to realize that it is a confirmed date.

For those planning to partake, Mighty Small Cars has a special on the Sukhoi Bind and fly indoor plane. Just $79.99 for the ones in stock. So if you already have the Tx to use these planes then there is a great deal.

Also at Atlantic News the other day, one of the magazines had an article and PLANS for a plane to reuse the electronics from these planes. This means that you can still have a use for the rest of the parts if the structure is beyond repair.

Saboo

schooner2000

Unread post by schooner2000 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:01 am

saboo wrote:After re-reading Bill's post, I am pleased to realize that it is a confirmed date.

For those planning to partake, Mighty Small Cars has a special on the Sukhoi Bind and fly indoor plane. Just $79.99 for the ones in stock. So if you already have the Tx to use these planes then there is a great deal.

Also at Atlantic News the other day, one of the magazines had an article and PLANS for a plane to reuse the electronics from these planes. This means that you can still have a use for the rest of the parts if the structure is beyond repair.

Saboo
Are those the newer Sukhoi XP or the first version do you know?

Dirt Torpedo

Unread post by Dirt Torpedo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:06 am

A 20% discount would be unexpected from any Canadian source, so it's more reasonable to think it's the discontinued Su-26m (v1) clearance models, which are no longer listed at Horizon. Horizon had them listed at the same nice price. Confirmation available at: MSC 423-9298 http://www.mightysmallcars.com/

My Su-26m was plucked from the sky and crushed by an owl one night, and with some repairs it continued to fly until the motor was worn out. The brushed motors on the ultra-micros seem to wear out before the airframes suffer irreparable damage.

Depending on what you want to build with the guts, you might just get by with some freestyle glue gun and carpet knife action... make your own plans,

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:52 am

schooner2000 wrote:
saboo wrote:After re-reading Bill's post, I am pleased to realize that it is a confirmed date.

Saboo
Are those the newer Sukhoi XP or the first version do you know?

..Yes, version 1 has been on sale for awhile at MSC..good deal if you have the Tx.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

saboo

Unread post by saboo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:38 pm

On my Sunday drive today I stopped into the Prospect community Centre. What a hopping place. The nets are electric powered for raising and lowering. Very easy and quick to move.

I also checked on available times. They indicated that on Sun Feb 27th 1-3 PM is available, on Saturday March 5th 5-7pm is available and on Saturday the 12th of March 8:30 to 10:30 AM is available.

If Bill or whomever thinks these are viable from a participation point of view, maybe one of the executive would consider booking one or more of these.

Saboo

karlpenney

Unread post by karlpenney » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:17 am

I would be interested in both March 5th and 12th. Chime in if anyone else is interested. We should only need around 7 people to make it a go.