Re: ordering older RC magazine with free plan.

A place to learn more about Electric RC Flying.
retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:45 pm

I ordered an RC magazine that was dated August 2017 that contained a free plan plus the construction article for a model called YONJU .. a 40 size aerobatic model. The magazine was called RC Model World published in the UK. Someone in the US picked up the back issues and advertises them on ebay. Cost was $US8.99 with shipping being $US14.35, so about $30.00 Canadian total.

The magazine arrived in 10 days via Purelator (sp) well packaged, (in used Amazon cardboard), and in brand new condition, so I was pleased.

I would recommend this method of buying "out of issue" RC magazines.

The laser cut ribs and formers for this model are available from a UK company called "Sarik Hobbies" who also sell a vaccum-formed canopy.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

chodgkinson

Unread post by chodgkinson » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:02 pm

Thanks for the tip on ordering older RC magazines Bill.

I'm excited to hear that you're going to be doing some building.

If you do order the short kit from Sarik I'll be interested to hear what the total cost with shipping and duty ends up being.

Chris

Lexflyer2022

Unread post by Lexflyer2022 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:45 am

Hey Bill, thank you again for inviting me into your hangar. Such a lovely spot to hang for a bit. It is good to see you are on the road to recovery.
I am very pleased with the DX8. It is a steep learning curve for me to go from a Basic DXM. I was surprised that the screen still had the protective plastic film on it. I was able to remove it in one piece too. Yahoo!!

Hoping to see you at the flight field very soon. Cheers

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:22 pm

Hi Michael,...that screen protector was put on by me and is (was) a thicker one then what the manufacturer generally puts on. There is a guy in the US that cuts them to fit the different Transmitters. He sells them in sets of two for about $12.00 US. If I can find the spare I had I'll get it to you. I moved up to the DX8Gen2 unit and got two for it.

Didn't find the spare I had, however here is the contact for the supplier: https://rcscreenprotectors.com/index_fi ... X8DX7S.htm
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708