Happy New Year - 2021

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
retiredVTT

Happy New Year - 2021

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:08 am

Ok ..we are five minutes into 2021 as I type this ....all the BEST to All..!

It's got to be a better Year than last..everybody get ready to roll up your sleeves and get the "jab"..

See you at the field soon I hope..!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Re: Happy New Year - 2021

Unread post by bdg » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:50 pm

Good morning at SP today. A handful of people were at the field (~8 or so) with cool temperatures and moderate winds. Great to get out to fly a few planes and to enjoy a few laughs too!!!

Another membership renewal too. Thanks! Typically HEFA membership expires on December 31. As I had mentioned previously, our only source of revenue is from membership fees and field lease and maintenance is enough to (last year) put us in the red where we operated at a financial deficit. If you use any of our fields (PL, LT or SP) more than a few times, then membership in the club and supporting our financial obligations (including potential insurance requirements) is appreciated. Membership applications are available here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2004.

We are one of a handful of clubs that actively still fly in the winter (and of course membership extends the entire year) so be sure to get out to enjoy the hobby with the comradery offered by our members... it really heightens the experience!

And also don't forget the cornerstone of our club which is membership with MAAC. If anyone needs help with the MAAC application, then reach out and we can help. Typically, MAAC expires on December 31 annually. You are not permitted to fly at HEFA without MAAC.

Be safe!

Brian

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:24 am

A nice shot of Lawrencetown Slope soaring site frim Jan 1st from Derek Brown. Derek as a young teen flew with us there many years ago and is now retired and flying his own full size amphibous Searey.
Attachments
Derek Brown's Searey.jpg
Derek Brown Lawrencetown Jan 1 2021.jpg
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:09 am

Very nice perspective!! Thanks for sharing.

A little more great flying this morning. Just Chris H and myself at SP this morning. Light snowfall... we can handle that!

Brian

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:28 pm

What a cool picture that is of the Slope area ....very nice plane as well, perfect for cruising that area..!

Here's a link to a similar "Searey" https://www.barnstormers.com/listing_im ... id=1620322
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708