COVID-19 - Second Wave and Gathering Restrictions

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
yorcram

Re: COVID-19 - Second Wave and Gathering Restrictions

Unread post by yorcram » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:03 pm

Thanks for taking care of things.

I hope to get out Sunday for a few flight.
Plane Crazey :D

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 pm

HEFA - I would like to thank everyone for keeping safety in the forefront. I know that we are a responsible group who are looking out - always - for our members, our families, and our community. Thanks to everyone for keeping safe.

With safety in mind, there are a few points of consideration related to the "HEFA Return to Fly Document".
  • As previously indicated, this document was developed based upon the plans from other sports and from this guideline and in conjunction with NS Government agencies: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/docs/ ... elines.pdf
  • We need to continue to document our presence at our club fields for traceability. This information will only be used in the event of an identified health issue and is important to Public Health. We've tried to allow for maximum flexibility with this traceability requirement but the common theme is a simple email of participants to HalifaxElectricFlyers@outlook.com. Please continue to follow these traceability requirements.
  • While non-medical facemasks are currently mandated in all public indoor areas, this is not currently the case for outdoor venues (subject to change!). While the health risk in outdoor environments is quite low, there is still a small amount of health risk present and we need to remain ever vigilant. We've revamped the "Return to Flying" requirements to ease some of the mask use from the previous version. This is not meant to degrade safety at our fields but rather to allow us to participate in this great hobby in a safe way.... and we need to continue to exercise care.
    • Physical separation of at least 2m should always be maintained.
    • The use of non-medical facemasks are always strongly encouraged while at HEFA. This includes at the flight line and while in the parking / pits area.
    • Masks are absolutely required in the rare circumstances where physical separation of at least 2m is not able to be maintained.
Have a look at this latest version which is intended to work best for our club and our members. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or questions regarding this latest iteration to our "Return to Flying" plan. Ultimately - we need to work together to be safe and to remind each other of the requirements.

Thanks,

Brian
Attachments
COVID Return to Flying_v7.pdf
(551.11 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:59 pm

Just wanted to remind all members that traceability is a significant part of our Return to Flying Plan. There are many ways to achieve traceability:
  • Some members will provide advance notice in advance of their participation in the morning (the best option - thanks!);
  • Some members email at the end of the day;
  • Other members count on these lists to be maintained at the end of the morning activities.
If I am at SP, I will maintain the list of participants for our records by forwarding this list to our email HalifaxElectricFlyers@outlook.com. BUT I am not always at SP and we do have other fields - so please continue to be diligent in helping us to maintain our list of participants for traceability purposes.

Questions? Let me know!

Brian