PLF

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
nunyabizniss34

PLF

Unread post by nunyabizniss34 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Hey guys, it's Colin Brooks. I used to be a member a few years ago, and I am getting back into the hobby after a 5 year hiatus. I just renewed my MAAC and I'm looking forward to flying again!

I was wondering if HEFA is still using PLF as a flying site, or if it's strictly SP. As some of you may know, I primarily fly helicopters, and PLF was a great field for helis. Thanks! Hope to see you all soon :D
Colin
Parkzone Sport Cub
Eflite Timber Turbo
Trex 470L
Goblin 420
Mikado Logo 550

bdg

Re: PLF

Unread post by bdg » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:38 pm

Hey Colin! Nice to hear from you again.

PLF is indeed still a HEFA field and approved through MAAC. There are certain guidelines from our membership form specific to PLF. The owner, Bob, likes to see us at the field but is always concerned with insurance so certainly membership with MAAC and HEFA should be in-place and we need to be flying within the established guidelines. We did give-up the trailer and portapotty that we had at PLF and donated these to Bob.

HEFA members primarily use SP for sure. And we also have owner permissions (Deptartment of Natural Resources, I believe) on the Lawrencetown slope.

Welcome back to the hobby!

Brian

nunyabizniss34

Re: PLF

Unread post by nunyabizniss34 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Hey Brian,

Thanks! Good info, and it's good to be back. I certainly wouldn't fly at PLF without joining HEFA again, and my MAAC membership has been renewed for 2020.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again in the near future 😀
Colin
Parkzone Sport Cub
Eflite Timber Turbo
Trex 470L
Goblin 420
Mikado Logo 550