Happy New Year.... Into 2020!!!

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
bdg

Happy New Year.... Into 2020!!!

Unread post by bdg » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:52 am

Well... another year almost behind us. And what a year it has been....
  • Improvements to our communications tools.
  • Participation in the Shearwater Hobby Show
  • Several BBQs
  • Continued training of new pilots
  • CL sink hole repairs
  • Turmoil surrounding the future of Shannon Park, especially with prospects of a new football stadium
  • Indoor flying with our sister club - Shearwater - through the cold winter months
  • Training / introductory flights of roughly 15 people
  • The unexpected and heartfelt passing of long-time RC'er Steve Wiper shocked - and continues to be felt - by everyone
As we look ahead to 2020, we continue to enjoy the benefits of a thriving club. The RC community, and more specifically our HEFA community, are second to none with helping others. Let's make 2020 one to remember!

And while we are on the topic of the new year - I would like to remind everyone that your MAAC membership typically expires today and needs to be renewed. This is so easy by logging into the MAAC members portal at https://secure.maac.ca/members/en/. All that you need is your MAAC number and password and then you are able to renew with a credit card or PayPal. If you need help, then please reach out as we have been able to reach out to MAAC directly as well.

Here's to a great HEFA community. Here's to a great 2020. Wow!

Brian

bdg

Re: Happy New Year.... Into 2020!!!

Unread post by bdg » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:34 pm

Not sure about the weather forecast for tomorrow but... if you go to SP.... then please send me a pic (large is perfect) for possible inclusion in the next MAAC magazine. Email to halifaxelectricflyers@outlook.com.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (40.65 KiB) Viewed 1197 times

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:05 pm

Stopped by the field around 11:30, but no one was there. Flew a few flights, but the wind was getting strong so I only stayed until 12. I don't know if I missed everyone or if I was the only one flying today. Sorry no pictures. Hard to take a selfie when you're flying. Nice to get out for a flight though. Happy New year everyone. Looking forward to more flying when weather permits.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:52 pm

Looks like we had a few out this morning for short visits. I went out about 10:15 and nobody there. Chris Dean,John Walker and Jack Davidson were out earlier and Mailman arrived later. Conditions were quite flyable at 2 degrees and not too strong winds.
It was not a good start of the year for me. My trusty 3 year old Mayfly had servo centering problems and I tried to correct with Offsets. Well it did not work and I planted it on the asphalt with serious damage. The red Ultracote was fading in colour anyway.
The good thing is that this is one less crash that I'll have for the remainder of this year!!!
Attachments
P1110375.JPG
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26