Andrew Curran's father

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
AndrewS

Andrew Curran's father

Unread post by AndrewS » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:03 pm

Hey all,
I got an email from Andrew Curran last night about our other club... flight sim ns.
He had some bad news. His Dad passed away unexpectedly on Sunday. I am sure we all would like to express our condolances to Andrew and his family
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

bdg

Re: Andrew Curran's father

Unread post by bdg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:04 pm

I'm sorry to hear that news, Andrew. Our thoughts are with you through this difficult time.

Brian

waxman

Unread post by waxman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:34 am

Very sorry to hear of this Andrew. My condolences to you and your family.
John Liddard

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:18 am

Thank you guys, for your condolences. My father, Harold Milton Curran, actually passed away on Saturday afternoon, during Hurricane Dorian hitting us. Just in case anyone might be interested, here is a link to my father's obituary. Many things not mentioned in the obit; he liked airshows and aviation, the sea, and observing weather by eye - even with weather balloons, making paper airplanes and flying kites. He also worked for Air Canada and Sperry Gyroscope Company, among other cool places.

http://www.whitefamilyfuneralhome.com/obituaries/140893

I'm sorry that I've somehow managed to miss the entire summer flying season. Honestly, I meant to get to the field many times, --and pay my dues, but every weekend was spent on a family adventure, or away, or at work, so it was still a great summer. I'll get back to SP and joined up for the remainder of the season, likely this weekend. In fact, I can't wait to have a nice glider flight because not only is flying RC a lot of fun, I've discovered that it can be a bit of a personal spiritual activity when reflecting on lost loved ones and friends, bringing a kind peace to your soul. Maybe that sounds corny, but I suspect that many of you can relate.

See you all soon,
Andrew C
Andrew C.