Thanks for the "uplifting card"...!

News related to Halifax Electric Flyers Association only.
retiredVTT

Thanks for the "uplifting card"...!

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:32 pm

So back in June, one day after our bbq, and two days after a big breakfast with my fellow retirees from the elevator trade, my "bowels" started seizing up...Yes, I was literally full of $---!
So six days later and after a visit to the local outpatient dept, my pharmacist said get this guy to a hospital. So once in the QE2 things happened FAST. The enema trick did nothing , next was Xrays...then a CT Scan and by supper time they had me setup for a midnight 2 hour surgery, to remove some parts in this 81 year old body. It was like "sign here please, we are going in..!"

I was glad to hear that the lady surgeon liked what she saw inside, and was selective in what she removed..!

Meanwhile my daughter showed up at the field Saturday morning with a card for all to sign and it was quite a surprise when she delivered it. Thanks a ton guys, it was a good lift when I needed it.

I'll continue getting through this and try to get back the 20 lbs I have lost.

See you soon..!
Last edited by retiredVTT on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Re: Thanks for the "uplifting card"...!

Unread post by bdg » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:42 pm

Thanks for reaching out Bill! You have been missed at SP. Rest up, get better, and you will be back to flying your fleet again soon. Looking forward to seeing you - and all of your planes - again!

Brian

Tom B T-28

Unread post by Tom B T-28 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:53 pm

Hey Bill
Glad you are on the mend and hope you are feeling back to your old self soon! Good news too that your executive team was able to get permission to continue using the field at SP! I'm sure you will be back soaring again soon!
You take care of yourself and you should have no problem putting some weight back on - just get Bob to fire up the BBQ again and make you a couple of burgers. :lol:
Tom

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:37 pm

Thanks Tom, really nice to hear from you. Hope the world is treating you as yours very well. Keep sending the nice weather our way. We have had some excellent July weather with a few showers every three days to keep everything green.

I'm definitely on the mend and return to my family doctor on Wednesday to have my "staples" out..!!!
They even sent me home from hospital with a brand new "staple remover" to give to my doctor in case he does not have one.

Getting great attention from my "50 something kids" along with wife Sharon, so will be back to charging batteries soon...!

Cheers for now,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708