September 2021 MAAC newsletter

Model Aeronautics Association of Canada
astroflyer

September 2021 MAAC newsletter

Unread post by astroflyer » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:06 pm

Gents. I have just uploaded the September 2021 MAAC newsletter. Lots of stuff happening in the zone despite the pandemic. In fact, I had to pick and choose a bit this month as the newsletter was getting too large. Thanks everyone for all the photos an information posted on the forums and Facebook. Makes putting this together much easier., You can download it here:

https://www.asrcm.ns.ca/newsletters/202 ... letter.pdf

bdg

Re: September 2021 MAAC newsletter

Unread post by bdg » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:14 pm

Another keeper! Thanks Al for your support of this newsletter that keeps us in tune with other clubs in the region.

Brian

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:43 pm

You're welcome Brian and thanb you for the feedback!

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:34 pm

Well done Al:
I'm impressed with the quality and coverage of the various club activities from St. John's to the tip of NB. Sure outshines the National magazine, and the availability of back issues over the years makes a lasting record of the zone's activities. In spite of the preponderance of Foamies,( which continue to advance in quality and fine detail), it's very refreshing to see that people are still building models, and not just that, but they are superb creations. As long as we have craftsmen like that, aeromodelling will continue to develop.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

JohnF

Unread post by JohnF » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:18 am

John O’Sullivan made some great comments about aeroplane building. If a person were interested in learning from a master, go visit John. That gentleman has more knowledge about various building techniques than you can imagine. 3d printing, scratch designing, fibreglass and just plain covering.
I have learned a lot from this man. And I only scratched the surface. Ask him questions, he will be more than delighted to answer them.