MAAC President in the Maritimes

Model Aeronautics Association of Canada
retiredVTT

MAAC President in the Maritimes

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:16 pm

I had a call from MAAC President, Claude Melbourne, who is travelling through our area this week and he would like to meet some MAAC members on Wednesday evening, August 20th.

It will likely be at a local Tim's, so I will provide more info after I talk to him again on Wednesday morning.

I was thinking of the Tim's on Akerley Blvd, Dartmouth, but will have to confirm this later.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Re: MAAC President in the Maritimes

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:24 am

Here is the update I promised you on Monday, regarding a visit to our area by MAAC President, Claude Melbourne.

He will be at the Tim Hortons, 15 AKERLEY BLVD, Dartmouth, at 7pm tonight, Wednesday, Aug 20th, and would like to speak to as many MAAC members that we can russle up.

He was in Cape Breton at 8:30am today, and is trailering across the province.

His wish is to see a few members from different Clubs tonight so his message can be taken back to other members.

..hope to see you there, spread the word..!

thanks,

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

trevor

Unread post by trevor » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:36 pm

I will be working till 730. But will come by to see if ya all are there
what do you mean low rates and expo???

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:46 am

Wish you could of made it Trevor.

We may have had just nine members show up, including five Directors from HEFA, but what was encouraging was that the other four MAAC members represented three other clubs, namely ASRCM, Shearwater RC Club, and the South Shore RC Club.

So basically it was an info and data collection session that went on for nearly two hours, in which we gave our opinion of what MAAC was doing right and where improvements could be made and in turn we found out what good things are in the pipeline and expected to be launched by MAAC over the next 24 months or so.

Each Club represented also went away with a shiny new MAAC windsock.....which will be a fine asset for one of our two fields.

Thanks to all who made the commitment on short notice.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Just a follow up to a message received from the MAAC President, Claude Melbourne, on his recent visit.

He spoke to us on the close collaboration between MAAC and Transport Canada, and suggested a procedure that MAAC members should follow if we see something involving a model aircraft that we feel is not right.

I refer you to his article with the same message, on page 5 of the September 2014 issue of Model Aviation.

cheers,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708