Truro IMAC Results....

Model Aeronautics Association of Canada
Metalhead

Truro IMAC Results....

Unread post by Metalhead » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:26 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Well here are the results from this past weekends IMAC competition in Truro.

From my perspective, i can honestly say it was an eye opener!!

I learned SOOOO much this weekend about just basic flying that my head is still spinning!

The senior guys were really great, especially trying to help out a nooby like me, and it was really appreciated!

I would encourage all of you to attend the next competition as it is really good for you to learn and will help you to become a better pilot for sure.

The next (and last) competition this year is the it the Windsor field, the weekend of September 1st.

By the way, there were 2 electric planes flown at this event and they both did very well.

Here are the results for the contest:

Basic
1st - Chris - 1000
2nd - Brian - 944.7

Sportsman
1st - Paul - 1000
2nd - Mike - 995.9
3rd - Ben - 990.6

Intermediate
1st - Kelly - 1000
2nd - Colin - 940.4
3rd - Al - 920.8
4th - Mike S - 904.9
5th - Sandy - 495.3

Advanced
1st - Mark

All in all it was a great weekend. We only lost about 30 mins of flying on Saturday due to showers and we managed to get 3 rounds in. It was pretty windy on Sunday but everybody did a good job of making those tricky but critical wind corrections. Thanks to the Truro club for hosting the event.

I must say that the most exciting race by far was the sportsman class. Only 9.4 points separated 1st from 3rd and it was even closer at the end of rounds 3 and 4. In my opinion, Paul, Mike and Ben should all move up to intermediate as they are more than capable. That would make for 8 guys all in intermediate....yeah!

As you can see, i came second....lol...and last at the same time!

Brian