LOS for me, FPV for my Brother

Got a picture or video you would like to share with other members?
SecretBuilder

LOS for me, FPV for my Brother

Unread post by SecretBuilder » Thu May 13, 2021 8:21 pm

I'm kind of bored right now, so I thought I would make a post of what I've been up to during the lockdown.

The thing in question for "LOS for me, FPV for my Brother" is a Hobbyzone Champ that I retrofitted with a AIO FPV camera and VTX combination. The plane and AIO camera are all powered by a 300 mah 1s Lipo via a custom soldered 2-way adapter.

The reason for the making of this contraption was because I wanted to get some flight footage of one of my planes without someone having to have someone track it through the air with a camera. An added bonus is that because it is being recorded by my FPV goggles, someone can actually wear the FPV goggles while flying (I know, innovative right :D ), in this case I don't think that I can fly a plane FPV with my current skill level, so I gave the FPV goggles to my little brother to watch off to the side while I fly the plane LOS.

Since the original intent was to take videos with it, I did, and the subsequent YouTube video is linked here: https://youtu.be/V99qu5ACi_E

The photos that I included are of my new placement of the camera where less of the screen will be taken up by the cowl and the propeller. I plan on testing it the next time there is some wind-free weather and I can get over to the field. The video is of the old placement, so almost all of the screen is taken up by the cowl and the propeller.

As an interesting side note, this is the first time that I have seen the rolling shutter effect in something that I have filmed. In this case it is kind of annoying because I makes it kind of hard to see anything but hopefully this will be somewhat fixed with the new configuration
Attachments
The underside with my adapter to power the plane and camera
The underside with my adapter to power the plane and camera
The top view with the cardboard camera mound
The top view with the cardboard camera mound
Aiden | Pilot Name: AlbatrossFPV | MAAC#: 97485 | HEFA#: ?
Radio: Radiomaster TX16S | Goggles: FatShark Attitude V6
YouTube: AlbatrossFPV

Ivan

Re: LOS for me, FPV for my Brother

Unread post by Ivan » Thu May 13, 2021 9:28 pm

nice to see you jump to fpv if you can mount your cam a little higher(or under the landing gear) it would give you more FOV to see because without it you can lose your way pretty quickly A prop in the video is not a deal breaker most guys love it But you just want to be able to see pass it and more of whats around it Have fun man been watching all you videos

Ps when your ready to put them on (the goggle) while flying do a few circles 1st up high and use your ears to listen to were the plane is

Mr Funky FPv