My FT Mini Guinea Wiring

Got a picture or video you would like to share with other members?
SecretBuilder

My FT Mini Guinea Wiring

Unread post by SecretBuilder » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:14 pm

I recently finished my FT Mini Guinea and flew it on the weekend of Oct. 17/18th. It flew quite well despite the amount of wind. I have just now posted a video of the wiring process and a demonstration on the controls on my new YouTube channel. A link to it can be found here: https://youtube.com/channel/UCQtLL4lhKebB2I7hwgKV8gw. Sometime in the future I hope to post a video of it flying but I don't know when that will happen.

As a few of you may note depending on how deep you dig, yes my YouTube channel was created about 4 years ago but I have only just updated it now to be about RC Aviation instead of just my Google account.
Aiden | Pilot Name: AlbatrossFPV | MAAC#: 97485 | HEFA#: ?
Radio: Radiomaster TX16S | Goggles: FatShark Attitude V6
YouTube: AlbatrossFPV

JohnOSullivan

Re: My FT Mini Guinea Wiring

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:45 pm

It's refreshing to see such input from a junior member. With the expanding interest in the electronic side of modelling, I am sure that you young ones will have a lot of new information to pass on to us old greybeards. Keep up the good work and I am sure that you will have a lifelong future in the hobby. Without a stabilising hobby in your lifestyle, the world will be a less meaningful place. Keep up the good work.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

bdg

Re: My FT Mini Guinea Wiring

Unread post by bdg » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Hey Aiden! Thanks for sharing.

One thing to be careful of is the parallel connection of two BECs. This can sometimes be fine but more often it can result in problems as the load might not be equally shared. Most people remove the +5VDC wire from one of the connectors (the middle one) so that there won't be any interferences. Keep the 0VDC (common reference) and the signal and everything should be fine. Just check the specs on you ESC/BEC to make sure that there won't be any issues.

Nice flight too. Way to go. Thanks again for sharing... and welcome again to HEFA!

Brian