PILOT DIES, Passenger Lands King Air

Got a picture or video you would like to share with other members?
RocketManRC

PILOT DIES, Passenger Lands King Air

Unread post by RocketManRC » Sat May 02, 2020 10:20 am

If you want to watch something that will take your mind off of covid-19 for 45 minutes have a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqPvVxxIDr0

Try not to hold your breath the whole time!
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

Ivan

Re: PILOT DIES, Passenger Lands King Air

Unread post by Ivan » Sat May 02, 2020 1:00 pm

was a good video was sitting at the edge of my seat towards the end

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 pm

Thank you for posting this, Rick. What a great story... and also a tribute to the pilot who died during takeoff - right after setting the autopilot to climb, ATC, and everyone involved. After watching this, I watched another video with the same audio,but the passenger who lands the plane also added that while he felt nervous and scared, he was also extraordinarily focused and he felt there was divine intervention going on. Certainly, a lot of things lined up for him and his family that day. I also really liked what he did after this heroic and scary incident.

I don't know about other's experience, but with everything going on these days, I would have thought that I'd have more time to do things, renew hobbies, dig out the Wacom tablet, take up something new, Etc., but in actual fact, I feel like I'm even more busy these days while working from home, while the kids are home and two dogs that usually bark at everything and nothing...lol After watching this video, and now feeling inspired, I'm dusting off the yoke for the first time since early March, firing up X-Plane 11 and going to fly and land the King Air.
Andrew C.

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Sun May 10, 2020 12:52 pm

"...firing up X-Plane 11 and going to fly and land the King Air."

I tried this last night... and... Wow, trying to land the King Air is much trickier than the Cessna 172 that I mostly fly in X-Plane 11. Out of about 6 attempts to land it, I might have barely pulled off one "okay" landing on a very questionable approach...lol
Andrew C.