Weekend - August 13/14, 2022

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Weekend - August 13/14, 2022

Unread post by bdg » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:01 pm

What a day! I was late to the "party" today but lots of activity at SP. Good to get Michael up again with his Apprentice. Michael - you are doing great! Still very strange that the elevator will not properly allow the plane to pitch down when in intermediate mode. Really limits the options. I recall that Tim F has a similar Apprentice STS and that it also has limited travel on the elevator "down" direction. We will figure out what we can otherwise are a bit limited with the programming.

Amazing to see Josh and that DLG soaring to height. I remain really impressed with the skill required (and fun / reward provided) with that DLG.

Tomorrow looks iffy weather-wise with a possibility of showers. Time will tell!

Brian

Lexflyer2022

Re: Weekend - August 13/14, 2022

Unread post by Lexflyer2022 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:24 pm

Hello Peoples,

Yes it was a very interesting day for sure. And some great action in the skies over SP. Please excuse my memory with names. Faces I recognise. Perhaps audio/video may help me. Now I've forgotten where my video recorder went to. ;-)

Cheers, and hoping for no weather tomorrow.

DoverSail

Re: Weekend - August 13/14, 2022

Unread post by DoverSail » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:12 am

Saturday provided John and I with some truly excellent flying conditions, with warm weather, light winds, and lots of fluffy, flat-bottomed clouds over the field, not to mention enterprising seagulls soaring halfway to space.

I had a few excellent flights with my Hollein Introduction F5J, with a ngood 15 minute flight and several 8 minute flights. At one point, I had the plane pointing motionless into the wind while I gained over 3m/s just sitting there! Truly hands-off flying.

I also had a great time with my Vortex 3 DLG, landing an 8 minute flight that got me up over 190m in the air. Come back down, hand-catch, everyone loves it. I am excited for my friend to finish building his MiniDart 2 DLG; soon we will have at least two people flying these amazing sailplanes in NS.
DLG2.PNG
John can speak for himself, but I was impressed with the performance of his 3.2m Pulsar, which looked steady and confident in the air.