November 13th Flying

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
Road507

November 13th Flying

Unread post by Road507 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:20 pm

After all the rain and wind in the morning myself and Blair went to the field Saturday afternoon for a perfect day of flying. The wind was perfect and Blair was able to complete at lease 30-40 take offs and landings with his new Aero Scout with no buddy box. Way to go Blair! Being the only two pilots to venture out to the field meant we could fly back to back batteries until the sun started to set.

I have attached a little video with link to dropbox (Not sure if this will work first time posting video). I included a little picture I took of Brian;s Knife edge from last weekend as well. He makes it look so easy!!! The video is short and if you wait to the end you will see the beautiful sun set over the bridge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4pf1gisttjyt ... h.mp4?dl=0

Rhoady

bdg

Re: November 13th Flying

Unread post by bdg » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:51 pm

Very nice!! Thanks for sharing!

The weekend seemed like quite a "washout"... rain on Saturday and then wind wind wind Sunday morning. It's great that you were able to get out between the weather to enjoy the hobby.

I was happy to be able to get in a few flights on the morning of November 11. I arrived and there were a few dog peeps on the field. No one else there at all??? They stayed just a little and then left... so time for me to bring down the plane and to start flying! Kept the plane nice and tight in the field. And the grass was sooooo short. With the stronger winds and short grass, no problem taking off from the grass (and landing) with the F16 EDF. Nice to have seen John O'S and Chris D there (and Tyrone!) for a bit but definitely some decent conditions.

Brian

bdg

Re: November 13th Flying

Unread post by bdg » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:08 pm

And the weather was also so nice late afternoon on November 11 that I had to venture back.... so quiet!
Attachments
DJI_0129.jpg
DJI_0128.jpg
DJI_0127.jpg