Long Weekend - October 9/10/11, 2021

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Long Weekend - October 9/10/11, 2021

Unread post by bdg » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:40 pm

Well...! Saturday was a treat! Light winds; fairly warm temperatures. Great turn-out. Lots of smiles. What could be better?

I was able to enjoy a few flights and then took up another new-to-the-field 9-yr old today on the club Apprentice. He was doing quite well in SAFE mode and seemed to be really enjoying the experience. Meanwhile, Rick was up with another young student (Max) for a few introductory flights with his FunCub and with Gary supporting. Great to see the younger talents with interests in the hobby! We are certainly here to help!

And then we had Brian up for another flight on the Apprentice. It is obvious that he has been working through the simulator as his flying is really coming along. A bit of a cross-wind really did not help on the landings but he was doing quite well. Just need to slow down the approach just a bit and we'll be closer to those wings!! We were encountering some issues binding my master Dx9 to his Gen 1 Dx8 for the flight mode (beginner/intermediate/advanced)... the master was seeing the change but was not passing it along to the plane and it stayed in beginner mode all of the time.... I have updated my firmware on my Dx9 and we will try again!

All in all, a great day!!!!

Brian

bdg

Re: Long Weekend - October 9/10/11, 2021

Unread post by bdg » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Sunday was.... well.... FANTASTIC. What a day!! Lots and lots of flying. Started really cool but then the temperatures improved through the morning.

Great to see Brian at the trainer sticks again... two more flights. Nailing those landings. Way to go!

I have some pics which capture some of the fun. Also lots of video to compile when I get a chance.
Paul and his 3D Biplane
Paul and his 3D Biplane
Carl and his Home-Made Busy Bee
Carl and his Home-Made Busy Bee
Bill and his new plane... Ready for the Maiden!
Bill and his new plane... Ready for the Maiden!
Bruce with his Super Cub with brushless system!
Bruce with his Super Cub with brushless system!
Rhoady with Paul's 3D Bi-Plane... Ready for the Maiden!
Rhoady with Paul's 3D Bi-Plane... Ready for the Maiden!
Last edited by bdg on Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:15 pm

A few more pictures....
Attachments
Bill and Don.... Nice pass!!!
Bill and Don.... Nice pass!!!
Bill and Murray checking out the new plane...
Bill and Murray checking out the new plane...
Parking / Pitts area!
Parking / Pitts area!
Parking / Pitts area!
Parking / Pitts area!

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Last round.... this time mostly of some of the flight line...
Attachments
Flight line....
Flight line....
Flight line....
Flight line....
Flight line....
Flight line....

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:21 pm

A video is here.... I hope that it captures the essence of the day! Fun times for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/HalifaxElectri ... 462611464/

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:14 pm

Great job with the video, Brian..!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a great Sunday at the field, lots of excellent landings by talented pilots. Thanks for catching it all..!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:55 pm

Hey Bill....! Not sure that we can ever capture it all but hopefully a good representation of the fun!

Monday.... was.... well... GREAT!!!! Very light winds. Warm. Good turnout at SP. Fun times with lots of smiles.

Nice to meet some new visitors to SP and to be able to offer an introductory flight... unfortunately they had to run. Hopefully they will be back and we will introduce them to this great hobby in a safe and supportive way.

Speaking of introductory flights... Stephen's family member (Steph?) was at SP on Monday. He went from beginner to really good very quickly. Straight and level flight in intermediate mode. A loop in advanced mode. A take-off. Even a few landing approaches. Way to go! You are a natural...! We hope that you consider taking up the challenges of the hobby!

And a few more quick video snips. This one is quite short but captured some of the slow (and faster) flying antics from Chris, Mark and Murray. Slow flying and in great control. Way to go. See the video here: https://www.facebook.com/HalifaxElectri ... 6165900963

What weather for October! :D

Brian

Beavertail

Unread post by Beavertail » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:23 am

Twas a great weekend of Flying for sure! Max enjoyed his first flights very much! He will def be around more in the coming fall for more flying!
beavertail (gary :P)