Weekend - September 18/19, 2021

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Weekend - September 18/19, 2021

Unread post by bdg » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:00 pm

Greeted this morning with lots of fog but light winds. A few people were at SP early and were flying in tight conditions for safety. I did not arrive until 10:30am and the fog had - at least for that moment - lifted. Enough for a quick flight before it settled in again. All good though as it eventually cleared to allow for more flights.

Bob had his new cargo plane ready for a maiden flight. After some fine-tuning and verifications by the flight crews... it was finally ready. Conditions were perfect. Rhoady started with the first flight and wow - just wow! - it was great. Soon Bob was at the controls. Great flying!

And we were able to get new member Brian up in the air for a training flight too. He is handling that Apprentice with great authority and the similator (RealFlight) has really shortened the process. No problems in straight and level flight; all good in the turns; take-offs were good.. and even a few landings. Way to go!! You are definitely on the road!

Sunday morning is looking a little windier... we'll see what tomorrow brings!! Be sure to reply in this thread if you are planning to go to SP tomorrow and to report on conditions!

Video as captured during the maiden is on FB at the following address... no sign-up required! https://www.facebook.com/HalifaxElectri ... 1226305195
Pilot!!
Pilot!!
Ready to Go!!!
Ready to Go!!!
Cargo Plane Passing Overhead!
Flight Line....!
Flight Line....!

What a great way to spend a few hours!

Brian

Tom B T-28

Re: Weekend - September 18/19, 2021

Unread post by Tom B T-28 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:07 pm

Way to go Bob, I am glad the maiden went well for you! Looks like a nice flyer however we all know it is your good piloting skills that make it look easy! I wish I could have stayed longer to watch. It was nice seeing everyone who made their way to the field early Saturday morning in the fog. Maybe on my next trip I will be lucky to see some of the other members that I missed this time. I arrived back home in Ottawa safe and sound Monday afternoon and hope to get back to my flying field this week weather permitting.
Tom