Shannon Park Thursday Aug 26?

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
DoverSail

Shannon Park Thursday Aug 26?

Unread post by DoverSail » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:56 pm

Hello all.
Tomorrow looks like fine weather for gliders, so I’ll be taking the day off work and heading to SP in the morning. Anyone want to join me? I could always use some company!

bdg

Re: Shannon Park Thursday Aug 26?

Unread post by bdg » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:30 pm

What a great idea.... "cheat the week". Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate but I am sure that this posting will gather some interest. Always better to be with a friend!!!

Brian

DoverSail

Unread post by DoverSail » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:44 pm

Well, these lovely late summer days don’t come around too often, so I figure I’d best make use of the ones we get!
If anyone shows up, I’ll see you there. :D

DoverSail

Unread post by DoverSail » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:29 am

Conditions are excellent! Come on out!

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:37 pm

Hi Joshua:
Would have liked very much to have joined you. However, my daughter was scheduled to organize me in my transition to an apartment. Took over a dozen large blue bags to Value Village, sorted out stuff for sale, took me out to invest in a new bed, booked a real estate representative, arranged for old freezer disposal and made contact with a company to dispose of my surplus collection of trivia.
The JOYS of downsizing are not to be underestimated, but neither is the sadness of having to dispose of many long term possessions. However, it is a welcome part of my future life and I am looking forward to the transition.
I am in good health. Although slowing down a bit, I have no intention of reducing my activity on the model flying scene as I will retain my active fleet of models and have many more new designs to develop. Also planning to reactivate my old Wind and Wave model boat and airplane plans and a limited kit business.
I'll be listing some stuff in the near future.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:08 pm

I guess I didn't stay long enough. I had to drop my van off for service and stopped by the field around 8. Stayed for an hour. Sorry I missed you.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

DoverSail

Unread post by DoverSail » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:29 am

John, sounds like an extremely busy day. Good work getting all that sorted!
Honestly the thermal conditions weren't fabulous yesterday anyway. They picked up around 10:45, but soon died off.

I managed a 5 minute and a few 3 minute flights with my DLG, and the Spectra did well once or twice, but it was too windy for the Introduction. It would have been fine conditions for conventional flight though.

Mailman, I must have missed you by mere minutes. I was at the field ever so slightly after nine! Stayed till noon.

Joshua