Weekend - June 5/6, 2021

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Weekend - June 5/6, 2021

Unread post by bdg » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:11 pm

Well.... finally there could be some flying! It has been a long time since we've been able to have gatherings of more than 5 people. We are all trying to understand and to interpret the rules and how they apply to HEFA and our outdoor activities. One point that resonates with me is from https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/restr ... -guidance/ as follows:
Capture_covid_2021_06_04.jpG
This allows for multiple groups of 10 people but all are required to have 6' of distancing between one another.

Our request - at least for now - would be to follow these guidelines:
  • Keep numbers to 10 people. Maintain 6' separation between everyone. Wear masks.
  • Follow our Return to Flying COVID plan as previously described. Do not participate if you are unwell or have a presumptively positive exposure. Support the requirement for traceability for participants at the field.
Also - as a heads-up - I was just by the field and the grass is very long. Be prepared with the right planes!!!

Brian

bdg

Re: Weekend - June 5/6, 2021

Unread post by bdg » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:42 pm

Great great morning. So nice to see a few familiar faces (who is that masked man?) and to enjoy this wonderful hobby in an outdoor venue with distancing and with limited participants. Thanks to those who identified their presence for traceability related to our "COVID Return to Flying Plan".

A quick video of some of the fun is here: https://www.facebook.com/HalifaxElectri ... 4795925359

Some great flying from Josh with his DLG. I am impressed with the results and performance!
Attachments
HEFA_2021_06_05.jpg
DJI_0702.jpg

DoverSail

Re: Weekend - June 5/6, 2021

Unread post by DoverSail » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:34 pm

That is such a great video to have. We really are privileged to have a cameraman in the skies to document our activities! Thank you for the footage.

I was able to catch some thermals and with that little DLG, low down. I struggled to catch any with the Introduction F5J but the light weight and manoeuvrability of the DLG was a real advantage.