Saturday Morning (February 27th) Weather?

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
DoverSail

Saturday Morning (February 27th) Weather?

Unread post by DoverSail » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:17 pm

Hello everyone,

This weekend was shaping up to be rather windy, but I see now that the Superforecast looks much better before 12 tomorrow.
Any thoughts? I need to get some more flying time in!

bdg

Re: Saturday Morning (February 27th) Weather?

Unread post by bdg » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:27 pm

Hey Josh!

I have been trying to catch up on the latest restrictions which come into play tomorrow morning. The latest restrictions are here: https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20210226005

As I understand it, we fall under the recreational umbrella, which is not discussed in this list. Up to 10 people can gather at any time almost anywhere. Due to our approved "Return to Flying Plan", I am understanding that we can have groups up to 25 people. We'll never hit that figure this time of the year. There is more interpretation than I would like through this review. So - please ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWYAS keep your distances from one another. Wear a mask. Do not share equipment. Follow the established plan and that related to traceability.

That all said - back to the question! I am hoping to have a few flights Saturday morning, while maintaining a careful eye on the safety measures for everyone's safety. I will be reevaluating tomorrow morning. Winds appear to be picking up through the morning. Wind chill of -14°C at 8am (brrr!); -11°C at 9am (brr!); -9°C by 10am; -6°C by 11am.

Brian

bdg

Re: Saturday Morning (February 27th) Weather?

Unread post by bdg » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:00 pm

Great morning with a few people at the flight line and watching in their cars...! Personally, I found the conditions better in the cold with no wind as compared to the warmer conditions with the breeze.

Bruce M, Chris H, Bob S and myself with a few flights; pits were Chris D, Bruce L, Ron S. Fun times - and no snow on the field at all.

Tomorrow is looking windy...

Brian