Weekend - February 13/14/15, 2021

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
DoverSail

Re: Weekend - February 13/14/15, 2021

Unread post by DoverSail » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Is there any way for me to save this video so I can share it with my non-Facebook-using friends? It’s really a great video! You did a good job tracking. It’s a real privilege to be filmed from the air!

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:04 pm

Josh - I've sent you an email with a link to the larger files. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Unfortunately some of the pics are heavy crops and therefore quality could be limited....! :)

Also - the HEFA Facebook page is public and should not require - that I am aware - a Facebook account to access. If that is not the case, then please let me know!

Brian

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:37 pm

Josh has done a first class job, building his first RC Sailplane Kit, completed his first Ultracote covering job (absolutely perfect) and today maidening the Introduction (and also his new Radiomaster transmitter), with perfect flights. It was great to have Brian there to record the flights.
The "Introduction" is a Lightweight laser cut German Sailplane. which is great value, cost wise and performance wise,
I'm sure that he will get long and great service from the model.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:11 pm

Monday.... Heritage Day for those who recognize this as a holiday.... was great. Started cool and windier than we would like - which really caused fingers to hurt! - but once the wind dropped - it was GREAT. Good turnout. Lots of social distancing. Lots of mask wearing. Special acknowledgement of Jimmy who was at SP for the first time and with his son (well behaved and fun loving guy!) - great to see that Night Timber in the air... WOW! And Josh is handling that new glider like a pro.

We'll see what the next few days will do to the field - currently the snow is almost perfect but the rain / freezing rain could change that in the little while.

Be safe!