Weekend - October 3/4, 2020

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Weekend - October 3/4, 2020

Unread post by bdg » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Well... another good weekend! I was occupied all weekend with some family sports but was able to get the field later on Sunday. Lots of people on the flight line and sometimes a wait in line to stay below the maximum 5 simultaneous flights. Great morning. Quite a few flights given the time and great discussions.

One sad moment was the synchronized pattern flying of mine and Mark's F16s. The take-off was great but then we got apart and planes - exactly the same - can be difficult to differentiate. We all know what happened next. Looks easy to repair given Mark's patience and build experience, but disappointing just the same. Mark took a "before picture" which hopefully he will share.

Met-up with Tom (prospective new member) and spouse Mary (I think!?) and grandson Isaac. They had purchased a UMX Champ and we were able to buddy box to get in two flights. As we all know, that Champ doesn't like much wind but everything went well. Isaac was doing well at the controls too.... especially good for 9 yrs old! We sure to welcome him to SP the next time that he arrives!

We are in some planning for the AGM. We are thinking about an outdoor event this time to minimize the risks associated with the pandemic. More to follow on that later.

Next weekend is Thanksgiving... a long weekend....! Hopefully conditions are decent again for some flying!!

Brian

MGC

Re: Weekend - October 3/4, 2020

Unread post by MGC » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:23 am

My F-16 made quite the foamsplosion. EDF's don't give you much time to correct mistakes do they! EDF = Eventually Destroyed Foamie? :lol:
I'm posting some pics of the repair job over on the workshop page. I'm going to give it a new paintjob too, so hop on over to check it out the progress! :)

Here are some photos from the weekend. Some beauty models in sky on Sunday!
Attachments
6.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG
5.JPG
Last edited by MGC on Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

MGC

Re: Weekend - October 3/4, 2020

Unread post by MGC » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:30 am

A few more...
Attachments
4.JPG
7.JPG